How Often Do You Weigh?

Options
Just wondering...I try to make myself wait until my official weigh-in day, but I'm too tempted by the scales, so I weigh myself more often than I should. In a perfect world, I'd throw my scales away and measure by how I feel and how my clothes fit...but oh this is such an imperfect world! Anyway, what about the rest of you?

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. I use to weigh on Friday mornings, first thing. Then I would celebrate over the weekends my success. Not go too crazy, but enjoy the weekend. Then a friend told me she weighs on Mondays. That way she holds herself more accountable and doesn't go crazy over the weekends. Now, my weigh ins are on Monday mornings first thing. I use the bathroom, blow my nose, clean my ears, spit....cleaning out all excess fluids!! LOL!! Just kidding!! :laugh:
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the temptation of the scales ... but I weigh myself once a week, usually on Saturday mornings. If I'm not going to be home Saturday mornning, I might weigh on Friday morning instead.
  • barbpol62
    barbpol62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning. I'm thinking of switching to Monday, though, since the scale hasn't been very good to me lately, and it's making me miserable every Saturday. I'd rather keep all miserableness to Mondays.
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, sometimes twice a day. I only log the weight once a week but I like to see how my body reacts to what I eat, it makes me more accountable. I notice days I dont drink enough water I gain, or days I eat late at night I gain and it makes me try harder. I suppose each of us has a way of keeping ourselves on track and accountable. :laugh:
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and track it.
    My official weigh day is Friday; however, there has been no change for well over a month.
    I am going to make changes...just not sure what to do at this point.
    Giving up is not a option.
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and track it.
    My official weigh day is Friday; however, there has been no change for well over a month.
    I am going to make changes...just not sure what to do at this point.
    Giving up is not a option.

No change in the scales is so frustrating! Any change in how your clothes fit? And you are right: GIVING UP IS NOT AT OPTION!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Weekly...Tuesday mornings, just before our First Place 4 Health Group (sort of like a Christian Weight Watchers) meets. Personal observation is that weighing more than weekly seems to make ladies crazy. Weight can fluctuate from day to day. Not to mention that you can do everything right during a period of time & gain, and vice versa.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Tuesday - but I do sometimes jump on at other times just to keep check. (Really in the hopes that the Weight Fairy has been during the night and taken a few pounds - sigh!)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Trying to once a week.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning.

I do use the "True Weight" app on my iPhone to keep the numbers in perspective.
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing must be working if you've lost 24 pounds. I wouldn't change anything.
  • teecee60
    teecee60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in daily although I feel I shouldn't. I consider my weekly official weigh in on Tuesday's. I also like to weigh in everyday to see if I can detect patterns in what I eat and the subsequent gain/loss. Even though I don't have it all figured out...water and sodium seem to make a difference in daily fluctuations.