Where is everyone!!!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
We need to do a roll call-- who is still out there? I don't want our board to die : (

Replies

• Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im still lurking, actually trying to settle into a new routine with my daughter going back to school (been homeschooled in the past) along with just lots of stuff to keep me busy. I do keep up with the goals in the challenges - but last few forget to post until Tuesday or Wednesday....so then I just don't. So sorry I been quiet to everyone, but I will get back into it! just got to find my groove again as far as keeping up with everything. love the support on this site so really don't want to lose it, I really need to keep up my end!

on up side I am beating my hypoglycemia!!! my sugars don't plummet on exercise and fewer calories...so I am starting to lose again!!! couldn't have done it without this site and this group.

Thanks!!!!
  • abalipadi
    abalipadi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im here too. The group has been slow, we need to think of something so that we can help each other!!!
  • WinniDePoux
    Options
    I have been 'bouncing' I guess. I loathe counting calories because it feels as is food has complete control of my thoughts throughout the day, but my efforts to lose weight without doing it has been dismal failures. :-( So, back again. I NEED to keep from gaining over the holidays. Losing would be icing on the cake (figuratively speaking) but emotionally and mentally I need to feel like I can do this, so I am trying to start small- not GAIN in the next few months!
  • GemPlump
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here, but even if there's not much recent discussion in this group, I'm grateful for it. Maybe everyone has reached their goal weight; maybe they're just busy. Either way it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has been at the starting point of 100 pounds to lose. I'm ready. It may take me years to get there, but I'm ready! Any support will be welcome!
  • starslobber
    starslobber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new too, I made an account over a year ago but got discouraged and gave up. I began 2014 with an ambitious weight loss goal, I usually use another calorie counting website but heard good things about this one and wanted to try it out. I have to count my calories every single day, even on bad days, or else I end up way off track and feeling discouraged enough from bad results to quit, counting keeps me accountable and helps me stay over a 500 calorie deficit. I started at 260 pounds January 1st 2014, lost 26 pounds so far, and still have about 80 more to lose. I'm giving it my best shot to reach my goal weight of 150 pounds by 2015, I have a lot more hard work ahead of me and hopefully my weight loss strategy continues to give me good results.
  • MSP107
    MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Its been a long while almost a year since I have been on.....pulling up the big girl pants and starting a new! NEED SUPPORT BADLY
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off for a couple years. Been going strong for the last month or so. I too can sure use support, I'm willing to give support as well! Feel free to friend me. :)
  • starslobber
    starslobber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    USUALLY whatever I try no matter what, I'll lose 5 to 15 pounds and that's all wont budge for months and months until I give up and gain it back again. I have to say how much calorie counting makes a difference, exercising at least 15 minutes every day, and keeping a 500 calorie deficit. I stopped losing weight for almost two weeks this past month and didn't know why until I read an article that said when you lose a chunk of weight (I had lost 25 pounds at that point) you lose intensity in your workouts so you have to increase that intensity by adding weight lifting to your workout routine, increasing size of weights if they stop being effective, and/or lengthen your exercises. So that's what I did, I increased from soup cans to 3 pound dumbells, I increased my cardio from 15-30 minutes daily to 30-60 minutes daily, and I am "attempting" to do ab workouts once or twice per week which I HATE because of the ab cramps, but I know how much it boosts metabolism and fat burn. Not ready to jog yet, maybe in another 20 pounds, the worst thing for weight loss would be to sprain and strain my knees or ankles and not be able to move at all.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I've been here (day #661 today) but seems so many folks who joined this group have been AWOL for months.

I'm here to just tell you guys, YOU CAN DO THIS. Find and keep your mindset where it needs to be, eat mindfully, log what you eat (weigh & measure it, eyeballing just does not cut it).

We didn't get heavy overnite, it's not going to melt off us. I've learned a lot during my journey, patience being one thing. Don't lose sight of why you are doing this and know that it really isn't a diet but truly a lifestyle change (I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one).

I've dropped all my meds (2 for BP, 2 for chol/lipids, 1 for T2). Per my MD I no longer have those issues any more.

I did not start to do much exercising till I dropped a lot of the weight (I'm lazy and its hot here in Az). I kept the calories at a deficit and only touched around 100-150 of my work out calories (I don't trust the calorie burn given). Most of my exercising came as I was nearing the 100 lb loss mark. Bought a Fitbit and started walking in July 2013, I walk 3-5 a day per RunKeeper.

I ate when I was hungry but not mindless eating or eating just to get x amount of calories in. Many days I was under my calorie goal for the day (1250). I pre plan/pre log my meals in advance, leaving extra calories for nite snacks so I can adjust things thru the day if I eat something else or forget I ate something etc. I have not nor will I ever give up junk food, chocolate or fast food. I work them into the diary and plan my meals around it. If I feel I'm being deprived I'm not going to stick this out.

I just completed the C25K Free app (it syncs with MFP) and am working on endurance and speed but have no plans to actually run a 5K. Just did the program to challenge myself.

One day, one step, one pound at a time and believe me, you can do it and I'm here to tell you, it is a great feeling. Don't give up the fight guys. The big thing is once you lose it, keeping it off, that is where my journey is right now as I've always been a yo yo "dieter" but have never lost this much/gotten to goal before.
  • realtrueblue
    realtrueblue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How glorious to see "Goal!" on your post. What an amazing achievement. How long did it take you to do it? Is a fitbit a pedometer? I have started walking again and need to keep it up. I have about the same as you to lose - and I am just beginning the long journey. (I lost 92lbs about 10 years ago and swore I would never put it back on. I am now 20lbs above that weight. Bother! And worse!) Still. Onwards and downwards! Blessings.