Are there any foods you actually miss eating?

Options

Replies

• VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Cereal, sandwiches, and pasta for me. I do cheat once a week though so I get my fixes often. Sometimes I would just love to throw a half cup of rice under my sautéed chicken breasts.
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One time I have decided to eat whatever I dreamed of for dinner in order to jump-start my metabolism and weight loss again and what did I choose ? Not candies, cakes, ice cream or pizza but grapes and Cini-Minis cereal :)
  • joceemartinez84
    joceemartinez84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I miss rice. I'm Pacific Islander so that's a HUGE part of our cuisine. I have; however, found that riced cauliflower is a good alternative. Close...but not quite, but it does help curb my craving haha!
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why do we have to miss bread? I make 70-second Flax Bread, 5.6 carbs for 2 slices (including hidden carbs). It's made with mozzarella cheese, an egg, a quarter cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of flax meal. Whip it all together, let it sit for a few minutes to thicken, take a small square container (small bread size), baste container with a little butter or coconut oil, put mixture in the container and pop in the microwave for 60 seconds, flip the bread, microwave 10 more seconds or so, let cool a little, split in half to get two slices of bread. It's delicious. Great for soaking up fried eggs, salami sandwiches, toasts really well, not so great as french toast (but for that you make Oopsie bread which has about 2 carbs per slice.

And as for crackers and crisps, make Optimist Crackers, about 1.44 carbs per cracker. Best cracker ever. If anyone is interested, let me know. No wheat, absolutely gluten free.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Cereal, Cake, Pie, Ice Cream, Banana pudding, Potato salad, mashed potatos, all potatoes,, lol,, can you tell I was addicted to carbs,
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1. All Fruit
    2. Shredded Wheat Cereal Loaded with sugar
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Juice& good rustic bread :d
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was missing corn tortillas because I made tortilla soup w/o them. :(

Didn't have the heart to name my soup "Tortilla soup with no tortillas".
  • peg60
    peg60 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    how much mozzarella cheese in the flax bread? - Recipe for crackers??:happy:
  • souzan651
    souzan651 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really miss heaps of fresh fruit with loads of natural yoghurt! but I would never have lost 63 lbs if I was still eating that way.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Why do we have to miss bread? I make 70-second Flax Bread, 5.6 carbs for 2 slices (including hidden carbs). It's made with mozzarella cheese, an egg, a quarter cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of flax meal. Whip it all together, let it sit for a few minutes to thicken, take a small square container (small bread size), baste container with a little butter or coconut oil, put mixture in the container and pop in the microwave for 60 seconds, flip the bread, microwave 10 more seconds or so, let cool a little, split in half to get two slices of bread. It's delicious. Great for soaking up fried eggs, salami sandwiches, toasts really well, not so great as french toast (but for that you make Oopsie bread which has about 2 carbs per slice.

And as for crackers and crisps, make Optimist Crackers, about 1.44 carbs per cracker. Best cracker ever. If anyone is interested, let me know. No wheat, absolutely gluten free.

Flax bread is not the same thing as crusty peasant loaf unfortunately :) or croissant.. (I did have a chocolate croissant the other day.. it didn't kick me out of keto like I thought it would! didn't have a lot of choice. dentists appointment no time to make proper food and the promise of not being able to eat for HOURS after the appt..) there are plenty of low carb options that are a grain product.. but it's not the same thing as heavenly refined white flour and sugar on a white flaky cloud of puffyness.
  • jadamonet
    jadamonet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    teddy grahams
    grapefruit
    tortilla (to eat with my salad)
    carrot cake
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    Anything I really miss..I find and make a good keto substitute for. Well for the most part.
    pizza=meatza (sausage crust) or holy grail pizza
    banana bread or just banana's.=sugar free banana syrup added to something
    mashed potatos=mashed jicama or daikon
    something crunchy=pork rinds and salsa (don't knock it till you try it!)
    There are plenty of low carb substitutes out there for things we used to crave just got to look for them.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm very new, and have caught a few bugs since starting keto, so I don't think I've actually been deep into ketosis, but I've been eating some keto meals and tapering down my carb intake to prep for the real thing. I do targeted keto, so I have a banana before high intensity workouts (I teach Zumba). I tried Ezekiel bread the other day and it's awesome! I'm gonna try it with some over easy eggs soon and the macros are decent because of the fiber.
  • emmysusanne
    emmysusanne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fruit - home made ice cream - MUST find a keto friendly version, lol! It's mostly cream after all! Just not keen on artificial sweeteners :(- Brezels mmm delicious German snack - but that's pretty much it! I didn't think I could live without pizza, pasta and crisps but it's fairly easy on keto...
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Spuds - oh god I want some yummy mash with my cold meat and Branston. It's my favourite meaL
  • ohkatherinewheel
    ohkatherinewheel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh french fries..... I miss french fries. Or baked potatoes. Fried potatoes. Mashed potatoes.

Did I mention potatoes? :P

I also miss grapes, they're my favorite fruit ever. :brokenheart:
  • Noiram55
    Options
    Salad sandwich with cheese for lunch. Wholegrain toast with home made apricot jam for breakfast. Haagen Daz ice cream. I think I had better stop now!! Just off for lunch of chicken breast and cauliflower.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    what I miss and there is no substitute for is mexican (or canadian or european) coca cola. I know it's terrible stuff but I love it. I'll never have room for it in my diet either unless I suddenly do an about face in character and begin to love exercise.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Not really. If I really want something I'll have a bite of it. It usually doesn't live up to my memory of it. Except potato chips. Those still taste good.