dairy and lc/hf, real quick does it hinder your losses

Options
Just curious, my dairy consists of almond milk, plain greek yogurt, and ricotta cheese, oh and sharp cheddar.....I do have a half cup of almond milk & a half cup of plain greek yogurt everyday....but not cheddar or ricotta daily. Would you be so kind as to give a quick opinion on whether you think this would be causing such slow losses ? Rats, there's also an occasional squirt of whipped cream straight from the can....but it gets logged ! :wink: and it's within calorie allowance. Thanks ! Dang ! I forgot about kerrygold butter/or hwcream for my bulletproof coffee, and a provolone slice today for my meatballs.....geez I do have a lot of dairy :blushing:

Replies

• yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what makes you think it would hinder your loss. It is high calorie, so it is important to measure and log, but I've always heard that the protein/calcium combination in dairy has a positive impact on weight loss and I just saw some BBC documentary that said you don't really absorb all the fat from dairy, it just passes through...I don't remember the specifics.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    That's funny ! That's why Im Asking because I , too, had heard or read that dairy does make it harder for you to loose...and so I was just curious.....same goes for nuts, peanut butter....I've heard they cause you to stall. Looks like you're doing great however you're going at it !!!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Just curious, my dairy consists of almond milk, plain greek yogurt, and ricotta cheese, oh and sharp cheddar.....I do have a half cup of almond milk & a half cup of plain greek yogurt everyday....but not cheddar or ricotta daily. Would you be so kind as to give a quick opinion on whether you think this would be causing such slow losses ? Rats, there's also an occasional squirt of whipped cream straight from the can....but it gets logged ! :wink: and it's within calorie allowance. Thanks ! Dang ! I forgot about kerrygold butter/or hwcream for my bulletproof coffee, and a provolone slice today for my meatballs.....geez I do have a lot of dairy :blushing:

It depends on you and if you are sensitive to dairy. If you are not dairy sensitive If it's all fits your macros I dont' see why there would be a problem with it. If you are sensitive to dairy it could be messing you up.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just FYI - almond milk isn't dairy. There's no lactose in it. I eat (full-fat) cheese regularly and actually have seen better losses than when I wasn't eating dairy....but I also watch my calorie intake. I think the issues most people have with dairy are 1.) it can cause bloating if you're sensitive to it, and 2.) it's high-calorie and can easily add up if you're not careful.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Some people have stalls with dairy, others don't. It's a YMMV thing (your miles may vary). If you stall and have a lot of dairy, you should try cutting back or eliminating the dairy to see if that makes the difference.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else has already mentioned.

Couple of questions:
    -how long have you been low carb
    -how low carb
    -stats (height, weight, age)
    -activity level/exercise
    -what are you considering "slow" losses?

I don't particularly see anything that stands out to me in your diary, other than the quest bar(but that was only 1 time - some people stall when they eat those a lot), but I did notice that you're not getting many veggies. Most of your carbs are still coming from processed foods (frozen meatballs, salad dressings, protein powder, sweetener [sugar leaf is stevia PLUS sugar]), so you're missing out on the nutrients from veggies.

Hope you find what works for you! :flowerforyou:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^---- What Ms. Kira and Ms. epcooper said. Take it to the bank!

Be well, be safe, have a great weekend!