Issues with deodorant?

Options
Has anyone else had issues with deodorant staying on during the day. I am not sure whether this is weight related to relates to my axillary hidradenitis. I tried using the Secret Clinical deodorant since it is stronger and that caused me to have boils start up everywhere within 24 hours :(

Replies

• katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes! I also have issues with deodorant. My doctor wants to put me on spirolactone (I also have PCOS, it's supposed to help with that), and she said one of the wonderful side effects is a reduction in body sweat- so I'm hoping that will help. It's like a frustrating double-edged sword though because aluminum (present in basically all effective antiperspirants) is bad for HS, but sweating is also bad for HS. I just keep a stick in the office and reapply around 2pm or so.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I now use the Thai crystal deodorant stone. WORKS for me very very well. You can apply it anywhere you want to stay fresh. I still sweat some days, but the smell is no longer offensive. I stopped using deodorant with aluminum because my sister passed with complications from breast cancer... nope, not going there.

The crystal seems to be expensive... but I bought mine at least 10 months ago... and it doesn't seem to shrink or lose power. So, I'll shell out $5 for something that lasts this long!

Peg
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to use deodorant in years, it caused major flare ups which resulted in getting both axillas sweat glands removed, now I don't have issues under my arms