New DVD: Walk To The Hits: Party Remix

Options
Dcharnice
Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
Another new DVD coming in October. YEAH!!! Not sure what Leslie consider party remix hits but I want it!!!

DVD Info:
It's a BIG Calorie Burning WALK CONCERT in your HOME! We’ve all heard it before. The most effective workout plan is the one you actually DO! But with all of the demands in everyone’s busy life, it’s not so easy to find the time and energy to exercise. Motivation is key, and music is one of the best motivators. Great music makes your workout more fun and keeps you exercising because you LOOK FORWARD to it. That’s why Leslie created WALK TO THE HITS. Walk To The Hits features hit music and High Intensity Interval Training (aka HIIT) –it’s the perfect combination! Hit music pumps up your pace, and HIIT training alternates between short bursts of "all out" effort and longer periods of recovery, allowing you to walk a shorter session while blasting away as many calories as you would in a longer one. A study published in The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness showed that women who completed a 12 week HIIT program lost more weight than a group who performed longer sessions of moderate intensity cardio. The HIIT group also lost MORE BELLY FAT. In short, walking to the hits using HIIT training is a sure-fire way to fire-up your walk! For this program, Leslie remixed some of her favorite radio hits to a fitness beat and combined them with some fresh new Walk At Home moves to create one of the most fun 3 mile walks ever. The high-energy gang of walkers, the music, the moves, the miles, the smiles …..It’s more FUN than anyone should have on a fitness walk!

Replies

• CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I just went on Amazon and saw that there was also another one in December that is being released. It's called Walk To The Hits Party Songs. I hope the songs are not old songs! I guess it doesn't really matter though. I have found that there is not one Leslie Sansone DVD that I dislike.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have found that there is not one Leslie Sansone DVD that I dislike.

Same here!

Thank you for the post OP! I'm so excited with all of these new releases. Will be adding this to my collection. I do miss the old gang at times though!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm ready yet for a workout that uses HIIT, but I like knowing it is there when I do get ready!
  • TaintSoBad
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to this release and the Hit Parade release in December. I own lots of Leslie workouts but my favorites are the ones with the group walks with light, airy sets & great music (3 Mile Weight Loss Walk ; 5 Big Miles, etc.).

Sometimes I put Leslie on mute and play my own music, instead.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to this release and the Hit Parade release in December. I own lots of Leslie workouts but my favorites are the ones with the group walks with light, airy sets & great music (3 Mile Weight Loss Walk ; 5 Big Miles, etc.).

Sometimes I put Leslie on mute and play my own music, instead.

Both these workouts use HIIT .... it will be interesting to see these. Hopefully they will have a music only option.

Radio Remixes October 1: http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/detail.aspx?projectID=02cd114e-e0e3-e211-8257-d4ae527c3b65

Party Hits December 17: http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/detail.aspx?projectID=3af4016c-cb9a-e211-b330-d4ae527c3b65
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The Party Mix DVD will be out right in time for my post-holiday weight loss program! :happy:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to see this DVD!! Not just because it already sounds awesome, but some of the ladies you will see are Walk Leaders and have GREAT success stories. If these awesome ladies + Leslie don't motivate us, I don't know what will!!!
  • TaintSoBad
    Options
    I think you can find and play a preview clip on this link:

http://www.collagevideo.com/soon
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Did the DVD this morning!!! Love it!!! So very fun. She does get bouncy during the HIIT, so if you're not a higher impact person, you may need to modify. A few new moves. Did I mention, fun!?!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I just watched the video clip on Collage Video, and it looks like a lot of fun!

One of the reviewers on the website complains about Leslie's laugh, and that made me chuckle. My boyfriend can't stand her workouts, and he imitates her by saying "Walk walk walk walk" over and over again :laugh: I don't mind her laugh or her chatter.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Did the DVD this morning!!! Love it!!! So very fun. She does get bouncy during the HIIT, so if you're not a higher impact person, you may need to modify. A few new moves. Did I mention, fun!?!
    Yep, I won't be doing the jumping part again I could just feel my back crying out.

But yes it was fun. The music was the hardest part for me to get into, I think it got alot better on the last mile.
  • dorothytd
    Options

One of the reviewers on the website complains about Leslie's laugh, and that made me chuckle. My boyfriend can't stand her workouts, and he imitates her by saying "Walk walk walk walk" over and over again :laugh: I don't mind her laugh or her chatter.

Every boyfriend/husband of Leslie fans makes fun of her!!! I don't mind any of it, either. And especially after meeting her - it is 100% genuine!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Boy these 2 new HIIT titles are confusing ............

Walk to the Hits Party Songs (due out in December) .......video clip is up & it looks fun. I could only make out a couple songs "You Can't Touch This" and "We Got the Beat"

http://www.collagevideo.com/soon

Walk to the Hits Radio Mix is out now ........it does have a music only option (not list that way on Collage) ...it works well (I think) when the songs actually have vocals. Fun workout (only did part of it last night).
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Yes, the current one is Radio Hits. Party comes out later. I have to say in all my years of doing this stuff, I have never even TRIED the "music only" options on the ones that have it. Maybe I should expand my horizons...? Ha. But the talk never bothers me. Or I am so used to it that I tune it out... Kinda like my spouse!
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

My husband still does that, too, and I have the original Walk Away the Pounds VHS set so he's had years to outgrow it. LOL

I'd love to hear if anyone has a rough idea of calorie burn (can't wait til Christmas for my Polar FT4!) It worked up a sweat but didn't seem as intense as I'd hoped.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I dropped in to see if you guys were still active on here. I just wanted to let you know because of this group, I kept going. You all motivated me and the monthly goal challenges kept me focused. I am referring a friend who is just starting this journey to come and join. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Boy these 2 new HIIT titles are confusing ............

Walk to the Hits Party Songs (due out in December) .......video clip is up & it looks fun. I could only make out a couple songs "You Can't Touch This" and "We Got the Beat"

It has "You Can't Touch This"? I am so buying that one! I love that song! *starts dancing the typewriter in my Hammer pants*
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I dropped in to see if you guys were still active on here. I just wanted to let you know because of this group, I kept going. You all motivated me and the monthly goal challenges kept me focused. I am referring a friend who is just starting this journey to come and join. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

losinit4life, that is cool that you have kept going on! well done :):flowerforyou:
  • Dcharnice
    Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just received my copy today & it was fun (burned 912 calories!!!) I wouldn't really call it true HIIT more of a boost like some of her other videos but for 1st timers it will get your heart pumping. I love Leslie & can't wait for the DVD due out in December. Happy Fitness!! #FatBeGone :smile:
  • williamsjn92
    Options
    Where do you buy the new DVD? Or is it a mail order? I want it!