Anyone tried the new products?

Options
PippaJo_
PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
Has anyone tried the new bars, or the smoothies? What do you think?

Replies

• mjones6599
    Options
    I'm in love with the cookie dough bars, especially when they are frozen ~ it really does fix that cookie dough craving, but they are super sweet.

The peanut butter chewy bars are okay.
  • yaquesita1976
    yaquesita1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes I have tried the pineapple mango smoothie and I love it!!! Its really good and takes away me missing fruity drinks.
  • ryansmommie68
    ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too love the cookie dough bars! I like keeping them in the fridge, I will have to try the freezer!
    The pineapple mango smoothie is great!:)
  • quiltgirl19
    Options
    Love the new triple berry smoothie! Not into the cookie dough bars. Think that sets up a bad habit to continue once done with Medifast!
  • Within hours of placing my most recent order, I see the new blueberry muffin! Too late to change the order, so it'll have to wait until next time. It sure looks good!
  • mjones6599
    Options
    The blueberry muffins are my new addiction!
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    I saw the muffin announcement just in time to change my order! SO looking forward to those!
  • PippaJo_
    Options
    Just got my order, and I've tried a couple things.

The cookie dough bars - wow. They taste pretty good (though they do have that slight 'aftertaste' that many of the products have, but it's not terrible). They are really 'dense', though - I was feeling almost full after just a few bites, and those things are smaller than anything else! I will probably keep some around for a 'treat', but they won't become main meals, I don't think.

The blueberry muffin....1/4 c water seems like an awful lot - mine seemed really watery, and then I was dumb enough to stick it in the microwave for the full 1:30 - and walk away. Oops. It cratered out like a volcano, and I had to scrape most of it up off the glass plate. O_O

Has anyone tried it with less water, or tweaked the prep instructions? (I will, I just haven't yet.)
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made the blueberry muffin with less water and it baked up perfectly. I added just enough water to cover the surface of the dough mix then stirred and baked.
  • jgconnolly
    jgconnolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too have had issues with too much water in the blueberry muffins.
    How much water have you had success with? 2 or 3 tablespoons?
  • ryansmommie68
    ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just made a blueberry muffin!

1 package pancakes
    1 package blueberry muffin
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    4oz water

Make in a deep cup/dish (Medifast cup works best).
    Microwave 3 to 4 minutes depending on your microwave. Mine is 1000W so i cook for 3 minutes.
    Not bad!

I also used my soup mug and it turned out great.
    I usually make the brownie with the pancakes like this too.

**First time i tried this with the blueberry, i didn't put enough water because of what everyone was saying about it coming out runny. My muffin was hard as a rock. This time i put just a tiny bit over 4 oz total for this recipe and it came out great!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love all of them.
  • melissalauritzen
    Options
    I'm going to have to look up the cookie dough bar tomorrow when I go in to the center. I love the blueberry muffins though. You do have to watch it like a hawk in the microwave or you could use the toaster oven. (350 degrees for 15 minutes is perfect for me, no mess and nicely browned top!)
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I have to say that I've learned to love the chewy bars. More than the taste, it's the texture! It was a sad time when MF ran out of the chewy bars ;) but all is fine now.
    I've also found that they do not mess with my digestive system like the crunch bars do. I still order the crunch bars, but have to limit them to once a day or less. I can have several chewy bars per day if I choose, with no real issues.