Keto and Insanity Workout?

Options
Hey guys:) I've been on the Keto diet for 3 months now, and I've gone from 180lbs to 161lbs. (I have been on and off since I went on holiday and didn't stick to my diet for a week or so.) I'm 14 and 5'3" so yes, I am very over weight. I know I'll get criticised for doing the keto diet because I'm "too young" or "it's really hard, you can't do it." But I have done it, and it is hard since I'm somewhat Indian and my mum cooks rice and curry everyday. Anyway, I wanted to start Insanity Workout along with my Keto diet, and I was wondering how much weight I would lose after the 2 months of Insanity and Keto. Right now my goal weight is 120lbs, I would like to lose more, but for now that seems sensible enough. So, 40lbs in 2 months, with Insanity and Keto. Does it seem realistic or am I just fooling myself? I appreciate any help or tips:) I'm still new to this, so be easy on me:')

Replies

• Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone can predict what will happen. My advice is be good to yourself. Slow and steady wins the race. You have your body for life and taking care of it now will ensure you are enjoying it throuhout all your years.

It is awesome that you have made a decision to get healthy at such a young age, and forming a plan is always good. I think taking each day at a time, listening to what your body is telling you and treating it accordingly is the best form of action. Also remember at 14, you are still growing, and a growing body has more requirements then an adult one.

Do you have a trusted doctor you can discuss these concerns with? Or a non-judgemental family member?
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Its all about calories. You need to figure out how many calories are healthy for you, to include eating at BMR plus exercise. As long as you eat those, you'll lose fast and safely. Keto makes dieting easier, and exercise allows you to eat more cals, plus it's healthy to be active.