How many calories should I eat?

Options
Netteyc
Netteyc Posts: 18 Member
Hi All,

I am 8 weeks pregnant, due May 2014. I put on a lot of weight during my last pregnancy as eating was the only thing that seemed to stop me feeling sick. It was a nightmare to lose and I still have about 14lb left to go, obviously I have put the weight loss on hold for now but I really don't want to pile on the pounds with this baby. I am currently 138lb and 5'3, does anyone know how many calories should be eating? Also, does anyone have any tips on how not to put on loads on weight during pregnancy! I am really needing some support and motivation!! I don't do much exercise but I am a teacher so I am on my feet for most of the day.

Natalie x

Replies

• kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it's down to the kind of weight you put on, not how much. If you eat healthily throughout your pregnancy then there's a greater chance for healthy weight gain and instant weight loss upon delivery and recovery. Unfortunately there is little rhyme nor reason for the amount each of us gains, it is entirely individual. But those who lose it quickest are those who continue to exercise and eat well. During the first trimester eat at maintenance, add calories during the second and third trimesters as necessary. MFP should be able to calculate what your maintenance should be if you enter the correct information into the settings. Congratulations and good luck!
  • Netteyc
    Netteyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's great, thank you for the advice. I really did just eat crap in my last pregnancy and want to do it the healthy way this time. Makes sense what you are saying about healthy weight gain.