Tough mudder sydney.. Anyone keen?

Options
Hi

I'm interested in doing tough mudder next year and wondered if anyone here wants to join me??

It's mid 2014

Anyone do last years?

This will be my first

But I am a mum of two and had 2 full natural labours so there's nothing I can't do.. Lol!!

Replies

• joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it but a few women from my gym did this year. They are super fit women & they finished all right but they did complain about the amount of climbing. Make sure you training for upper body strength. :happy:
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy to do one with you. My partner and I did tough mudder earlier this year. I train. He doesn't. He vomitted the whole way. Tough mudder is easier than spartan. Terrain Training will being doing more obstacle training in Sydney and that is the best training. Eight week athlete is also a great training program.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Details please! I am really interested !
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i did it in melbourne this year and will be doing it again next year.

Yes get your strength training up, but get your running endurance up as well.
    IMO it's better to do it as a team, so you can help each other out.
  • T4tania123
    Options
    Great
    Move added you as friends

Would love to get a group together if anyone knows anyone else keen?
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing Brisbane next year. I did True Grit this year. A friend did Mudder, he's a big guy but he managed fine. Spartan Race is the hard one these days, Mudder isn't as hard as it used to be. the 20km would get to me, 10km at True Grit did my head in (I'm not a distance runner)
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    manda, if you are in Brisbane, have you see "the holt bolt"?

google it, or just add a dot com :)

It is a much shorter obstacle course (6-8 km) and runs 6 times a year about 20 minutes north of Brisbane.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    I volunteered at Tough Mudder spring Sydney yesterday just to suss it out. If I had people to do it with for sure I would do it. Maybe I should start training for it now!! Some of the people yesterday looked buggered :laugh:
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    manda, if you are in Brisbane, have you see "the holt bolt"?

google it, or just add a dot com :)

It is a much shorter obstacle course (6-8 km) and runs 6 times a year about 20 minutes north of Brisbane.

I'll have a look, thanks!

I've done this a few times, its run at my gym :)http://twisted-sister.com.au/ If you go to the Images section I'm the first pic :)
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did the Sydney Mud Run the other weekend and loved it. I've been googling similar (harder) events ever since.

If I'm not in Europe when Tough Mudder happens in 2014, I'll be going. Super dooper fun!