New member of group

Options
Hi all. I'm 66, live in France and have loads to lose. Like so many of us, I've done it before (Weight watchers, Atkins, Dukan) and regained everything lost. It's 'here we go again' time, but the emphasis is on 'GO' and I hope this group will help me reach my goal and stay there. Would like a few friends too!

Replies

• KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Catherine, and feel free to send me a friend invitation. I am 65 and lost 35 lbs with MFP over about a year. Yes, it was work but at the same time, so rewarding.

Like you, had lost with WW but regained several times- every time I stopped logging. MFP makes tracking so easy, and that information allows me to make decisions every day.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome Catherine, i have a lot to loose too, lets get down to it, Like you Done all the diets under the sun and lost and put back on, fell free to friend me if you wish
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome Catherine, I have been with MFP since Jan 2013 and have lost 80 lbs. This is a GREAT app to follow, I could have never did this weight loss thing without it.. Thank you to one of my employees for telling me about MFP and telling me how it worked,, The people here have been very supportive and helpful, YES!! It took a lot of willpower, but in return was very rewarding to me, SO glad I joined.... Yesterday my oldest son got remarried to a wonderful person, that will be a wonderful wife for my son and a wonderful stepmother to my grandchildren ages 14 and 3, (their mother passed away 21/2 years ago from a massive heart attack at the age of 39), One of the big reasons for me to decide and stick to losing my EXTRA BAGGAGE.... It was a exciting going from wearing size women's 22 to a size 10-12 dress, They sure make clothes in smaller sizes that are very attractive... Feel free to add me as a friend, and the BEST of luck with your weight loss journey...
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 66, live in France and have loads to lose. Like so many of us, I've done it before (Weight watchers, Atkins, Dukan) and regained everything lost. It's 'here we go again' time, but the emphasis is on 'GO' and I hope this group will help me reach my goal and stay there. Would like a few friends too!

Welcome and many of us have been down that road. I'll send you an invite. MFP is taught me to stand in my truth with my food choices, I am a serious Foodie. Lots of things that are good for us are also delicious when prepared correctly. I joined in July and recently hit my 90th day logging, have lost almost 18 lbs so far, and no suffering has been involved.

Moving around more also helps with this journey.

I love France what part are you in? I am in Colorado, near Denver.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Catherine, and feel free to send me a friend invitation. I am 65 and lost 35 lbs with MFP over about a year. Yes, it was work but at the same time, so rewarding.

Like you, had lost with WW but regained several times- every time I stopped logging. MFP makes tracking so easy, and that information allows me to make decisions every day.
    I am so with you in everything you said to Catherine. Catherine is you would like to send me a friend request I would be glad to add you
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Catherine and good luck!