Workout Challenge Anyone???

Options
Hi all I'm new to socializing on mfp, so here's my attempt! My weightloss journey this year has been quite tumultuous. I'm sure I've mastered the art of jumping on and off the wagon! But surprisingly I've still managed to lose 29 lbs to the day. On new years day one of my resolutions was to "lose the baby weight". Initially I wanted to lose the weight before my son's 1st birthday. So this challenge is my FINAL push to try to meet that goal. My LO will be 1yo on October 26th and I still have 13 lbs to go. I am really going to try my best to be consistent and disciplined with exercise and eating habits. My approach has been to make sure that I keep my eating habits realistic enough to suit my lifestyle. I am a first time mom, full time middle school teacher, I'm in the process of launching a non-profit that I started and I am a full time doctoral student; So I definitely have been looking into developing eating habits that will allow me to effortlessly maintain my weightloss while making meals sufficient enough for my family. Well Enough about me...

Here's the challenge: Choose a workout routine or various workout routines to follow for the next 34 days (end date October 26th). The challenge is to exercise 5 days a week with "health conscious" eating. If you'd like to diet during this challenge its up to you! Each day/week you will post in this thread your physical activity of choice and how your challenge is going so far.

The challenge will start tomorrow Sunday September 22, 2013. BUT you can make your first post TODAY to introduce yourself to the challenge. Be sure to include the following information:

1. Reason Why you're joining the challenge:
2. Starting weight & body measurements of targeted areas (*you can post pic here if you know how!)
3. Weight loss/Fitness goals by the end of the challenge:
4. Eating habits and goals:
5. ONE recommendation that you would give to someone looking to lose weight or get in shape:

Best of luck to you all, and I can't wait to experience this journey with you! :wink:

Replies

• Dnikkol
    Options
    I'll start it off:

I'd like to be at my prepregnancy weight (or under) before my son's first birthday.

2. Starting weight & body measurements of targeted areas (*you can post pic here if you know how!)

As of today, my weight is 182.6. I will take my measurements tomorrow!

3. Weight loss goals by the end of the challenge; Fitness goals by the end of the challenge:

WLG: Lose these last STUBBORN 13lbs!

FG: I am in desperate need of improving my flexibility and abdominal strength. I have diastasis recti and have become extremely weak. Prior to pregnancy I was moderately active in both yoga and pilates, I would like to get back to that level.

Definitely drink more water and cut back on the sugar and sweetners in my diet. I never realized how much sugar I really consume until now.

5. ONE recommendation that you would give to someone looking to lose weight or get in shape:

Do your research to find out what works best for YOU!
  • NoaHarper1
    Options

I'd like to be able to run a 5k in the same time I did several years ago and I would like to eat healthier.

3. Weight loss goals by the end of the challenge; Fitness goals by the end of the challenge:

To be able to run a 5k in under 30 min, improve my strength and lose belly fat

Eat more green vegetables and drink more water

You are worth the effort. Even if you are short on time do a 15 minute routine. It will keep you from falling off the band wagon.
  • Dnikkol
    Options
    Hey Everyone I hope your challenges are going well. Right after I made this challenge internet went out on us which is why I've been MIA. It took us (and the cable company) TWO weeks to figure out that the router has gone out. To make matters worse they don't even want to replace is... They want US to do it! Needless to say I finally found an unlocked wireless connection to use but who knows how long this will last. Anyway, for me the challenge has been going well. I've lost 3lbs since my last post. My next weigh in will be this Tuesday so we'll see what those results are like. How have your personal challenges been going???