1st round CLX. 12 weeks to X-mas.

Options
Started my first round of CLX on Monday. Exactly 12 weeks from that date is the 23rd of Dec. Perfect timing for x-mas. My fiancé signed us both up for the June 2014 Spartan Sprint, so I really need to get my butt in gear. I started at 240 lbs. a month ago, and now I’m at 225 lbs. That was just with changing my diet to 75% Paleo. I was never much of a cardio type of person but I did it to lose weight. I had that mindset that only guys lifted weights and girls did cardio. I love lifting weights, I wish I had discovered this years ago when I was struggling to get through an hour on the treadmill. I’m looking forward to getting stronger and lifting heavier weights. I can’t wait to climb walls, crawl under barbwire, and many other obstacles in the Spartan Race. I feel CLX is a great way to start this journey. If anyone has any advice or tips for me I would appreciate that a lot.

Replies

• southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you'd like, come on over and join our October group here:
    > http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51218-chalean-extreme-october-2013

A bunch of us just started on Monday/Tuesday this week. I think we have a mix of first timers and second rounders. I'm just starting my second round, having finished the first just a couple of weeks ago. I love the program, and I really like Chalene's coaching method. Having just come off being yelled at by Jillian Michaels, she was a welcome change. I too am not a fan of cardio (though I did start running this past spring via the couch to 5k), but I guess it's a necessary evil, to a small extent anyhow. I'm a much bigger fan of lifting weights. :smile:
  • zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!
    Please join.
    We are all on the same page.....would love to have ya!
  • redstuff
    redstuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Funny, I love cardio, but I like doing it with friends. I'll swim, run, bike whatever with my buds. Don't ask me to spend an hour on the dreadmill. Yuck! So, I can understand when you say you don't like cardio. I despise those machines!

I am in the lean phase of ChaLEAN and LOVING it!!!! Best of luck on your journey!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Just started Burn today. This will be my 3rd round
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I started when you started too!!! :) So far I am loving it.... the only advice I can give you that I got from fellow CLX followers is pace yourself... modifications arent for wimps they are still effective so if you need em use em... I jumped into it and by 3rd day wanted to quit as I was giving it my all but wasnt truly ready for some of those weights/movements... Enjoy the program I know at least 5 people here that have completed it more than once and have had amazing results!