New to group

Options
lajpeck
lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
I am 52 years old and have been heavy all my life. A year ago I found MFP and started to use it. Since then I have lost 138lbs. I am at the point where in the past I got bored or lazy with what I was doing and started to slip up and would start to gain the weight back. I am not going to let that happen this time and am determined to loose another 60lbs and get to a healthy weight. One of the things I have done to make that happen is reach out and make friends on MFP. I log in everyday and would love to have more friends to support in their journey and in turn be supported in mine.

Replies

• suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! My name is Sue and I am 55 years old. Congrats on your weight loss! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making a healthy choice. I believe you will love MFP and the supportive community here.
  • Tigerbell1221
    Options
    Wow, you inspire me. That is a lot of hard work you put in to lose the weight. I'm sure you can get back to where you want to be. Starting is the first step. Nice to meet you!
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log in every day, too.
    Ruth
  • BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need to be accountable to someone.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I try to be on here every day. I am close to 53 and have been on here for six weeks. I love it! It helps me so much!

Lisa
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    I log in everyday too(well I missed one day since March) anyway feel free to add me! logging in really helps me.
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log in daily, too, and find it helps that my friends here expect me to do it! I've been here since July and this is the first time in my life--after many attempts--to really change my lifestyle. Welcome and congrats on the weight loss!
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'll be 58 in 6 days and just joined this group this week. You have come a long way. You seem to be very determine, that is good. I log my food and exercise everyday. I wear a bodymedia armband that I've synced with MFP. I let it register my activity and calories burned.
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and welcome aboard. I think you will be very happy with this group. I've been here since July and find everyone to be very encouraging and supportive. I look forward to logging in and seeing what my friends are up to and how they are doing.
  • K9Lover
    K9Lover Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing weight loss; so impressive! I admire your commitment and perseverance. Welcome to the group; although I don't contribute much, I enjoy checking in. I'm 66 and have been a yo-yo dieter for a long time. I like to think this is the last time. So far, so good! I wear a FitBit, which I love; do a minimum of 10,000 steps/day. I do weight training 3X/ week and do 16/8 Intermittent Fasting several days/week. I feel really comfortable with what I'm doing and think I can maintain this lifestyle for the long haul.
  • arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the weight loss. I log on daily so you can reach out to me if you like :smile: