Stage 1 Results

Options
Background info: I started off at 135 lbs and maintained that during stage 1. I was already doing some strength training. (I was mostly isolating muscle groups)

I did lose 2 inches off my hips and 1 inch off my waist.

But more importantly my weight progression-

Squats- 45 lbs to 115 lbs
Push ups- AMRAP workout did 25 regular pushups
Seated row- 55 lbs to 100 lbs
Step ups- 30 lbs to 50 lbs
Prone Jack Knife- AMRAP workout I did 25

Deadlift- 95 lbs to 135 lbs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 30 lbs to 50 lbs
Wide grip lat pulldowns- 55- 85 lbs
Lunge- 30 lbs to 50 lbs
Swiss Ball Crunch- I went from 12 lbs weighted regular ones to 20 lbs long arm jack knife ones.

Best comments from guys at the gym:
After loading my barbell with 135 lbs of weight a guy asked me what I was going to do with all that weight and I answered, "Deadlift it." His answer: "Damn"

Doing squats one day, I was nearly finished with my set at 125 lbs and the guy behind me said, "You did that too easily, you need to go up in weight."

On the same day as the squat comment another guy told me he needed to workout with me because I was intense.

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    After loading my barbell with 135 lbs of weight a guy asked me what I was going to do with all that weight and I answered, "Deadlift it." His answer: "Damn"

That is so cool! LOL Congratulations on your progress!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, very impressive stats.
  • pikminprincess
    pikminprincess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is so great congrats on the progress! I hope I have good results like that :)
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You can do it, too!
  • bitterwaitress
    bitterwaitress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    are you using a smith machine for squats that heavy? I would love to be squatting my body weight for 3 sets, but even w 85lbs on my shoulders I feel a little unstable and I also feel like my form isn't that great... I never see women on the squat rack so I have no one to reference.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't use a smith machine. Before I started squatting heavy, I did a lot of body weight squats, front squats w/ kettle bells, dumbbells... I don't know if that helped or not. At my old gym, I had a few female friends who lifted heavy that I watched. At my new gym, there are maybe 3 of us who lift.