switching arms

Options
hballack
hballack Posts: 114 Member
I decided to try wearing my BMF on my right arm for awhile instead of my left. I had noticed that my left arm looks more cut then my right arm and I wondered if it might be from having constant light compression on that area from wearing the bodymedia for 10 months now. (I did measure the area and my right arm is 1 inch bigger than my left.) I'm wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing.

Also since I am right handed its possible my bmf burn will be falsely elevated because that is my dominant arm? How much of an adjustment should I make for this?

Thanks for your advice.

~Heather

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I have no personal experience but in earlier posts I have read it seems your data will be affected. Some even tried wearing it upside down on the right arm, I guess so the directional orientation would be the same. Constant location is my biggest comlaint also but I am not wearing mine so tight as to have caused a dent LOL. Good luck.
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol! I have the exact same problem,my left arm is really inspiring though! Nice definition on my left arm,have moved it up&down on the arm,haven't tried switching arms yet,keep us posted on how that comes out,I am buying compression sleeves this winter though because of the noticable differance in arm sagging skin where the band sits,I think it all depends on how much weight you have to lose, as to just how noticable it is. For me I have a lovely set of "bat wings" due to losing 88lbs,still I'll take 'em ,and the loss I've managed to make,besides cool weather is on its way ,so long sleeves are on their way! and I have all winter(if you can call it that in So.CA) to work on my arms.
  • hballack
    hballack Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I prefer the way my left arm looks! Both arms are getting more definition from lifting weights but the left arm looks like it has more definition. Its only been a few days, but so far I haven't noticed a huge difference in my burns yet since I switched to my right arm so I'm going to keep it there for awhile. My average has been about the same. Although, a few times after syncing I did put it on the left arm purely out of habit. I'll continue to keep track and post again when more time has passed.
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had notice that my arm has a white band around where I wear the device but since I read your post I took a good look and by golly my left arm does look more toned than the right. I'm going to try the right also for a week or so to see if it makes any difference.:smile:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine on my left arm from Feb 2013 until now (October 2013). I haven't had any issues from wearing it. I haven't tried the right arm but heard the data will be off a little. I tried it on my left ankle to hide it under jeans a few times, and although the step count is accurate, the amount of calories burned is much too high.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I actually had to change my dominant hand in the profile because mine was reading too high. I am right handed, but because of a slight deformity in my right hand, I do many daily activities with my left hand. So I guess the bodymedia was reading all of that as exercise.

So I would say that it does matter which arm you wear it on.