I'm new. Looking 4 encouragement & weightloss friends!

Options
I am 39 and heavier than I ever thought I would be, 265lbs!! I thought I was fat at 220! I am a full time student and hold the couch down way to much. So, before I hit 40 I am making some changes!

My goal is to get to 190lbs and be able to run a 5k race!

Feel free to add me for reciprocal support!

Replies

• joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Already a year over the "40" hump here myself...invite sent and I will tell you this C25K really works...

In week 7 now and I am amazed at how far and fast how I have come.

Good Luck to ya
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm on week...44??? Anyway, I was 215 and never thought I'd be a runner. Now I'm 173 and training for a half marathon at the end of October. Make sure to post your progress so we can tell you how awesome you are.
  • chetrchet
    Options
    Thank you both for the encouragement!
  • chetrchet
    Options
    Ok. I decided I am going to add a week on the front end of this. I am simply going to walk at least 3x this week.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just completed week one. Week two starts tomorrow. :)

Good luck! You can do it!
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add a walking week and even add another walking week or a repeat of week 1 if you need to. Just comitt to doing it three times a week for 30 minutes and you will get there.

Good luck:)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    If you can walk for 30 minutes, you can start the program :)
  • chetrchet
    Options
    I have started and so far am doing an evening walk with my dog. I will admit there is a little bit of procrastination, however, I have added a lot to myself in the last month. Its been 3 weeks since I have had a cigarette and I started counting calories this week. I have already gone on 3 evening walks this week with Beau - cephus! Feeling good about it. He is a new dog to me, he is my girlfriends dog which she got a year ago from a rescue. Considering letting him run/walk with me for week 1 and 2. Anywho, thanks for the encouragement!! I'm moving forward!!
  • T4tania123
    Options
    I've added you too.

I'm about to start c25k next week

Love to share it with you
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the programme but to be honest, if you just stick at it and keep moving your feet, you'll have no problem completing it!

I still take my dog out sometimes and especially in the very early days of the plan she loved doing the intervals as she could sniff on the walking parts then got some exercise on the run bits. As my runs got longer after graduation she didn't seem to enjoy it as much without the sniff breaks (she'd stop suddenly which was affecting my pace a lot) so I only take her on the shorter 2mile runs now.

Great job quitting the smoking too! That's the best thing i ever did, followed by taking up running :)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job on quitting smoking. That made a huge difference for me.
  • missa482
    Options
    Just added you.

I started week 6 today. The program is great ... if you feel the need to repeat a week or a day, do it. I've repeated several. Everyone is going to progress at their our pace.