Struggling to find time for insanity

Options
sez8288
sez8288 Posts: 17 Member
Hi everyone.
I am on day 5 of week 3 of insanity.
I am already struggling to motivate myself and find time for the work outs, at the moment I am getting up earlier than normal in the morning to work out.
I am a social work student and start my final placement in 3weeks. I am worried about how I will continue to do the long workouts once I start placement, I would have to get up at 5:45 for some of them and I just dont know if I can do that AND give my all to my placement.
Knowing that I may struggle to finish is also impacting my motivation now.

I know that sounds like my mind is made up and I want to quit but I am also really disappointed with myself for considering quitting as I made a commitment to complete the programme.

I have always planned to do T25 after Insanity but am considering starting it now instead.

Any suggestions?
What would you do?

Replies

• eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm just relating this to being in nursing school, when I was doing my rotations...I would imagine the stress level is pretty high for you right now. If you truly don't have the time for Insanity, because of your placement schedule, I'd make a switch over to T25. You can always go back & do Insanity again, when you have more time. Having said this, however, I do want to mention that I believe I lost motivation with Insanity in Week 3, but the motivation came back shortly after that...the lack of motivation was short-lived, and I quickly fell in love with the program again. Good luck in making a decision. You'll know what's best for you.
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Motivation is never constant or consistent. It requires discipline to keep things going, rather than motivation. It's important to regularly re-motivate yourself using whatever techniques work - looking at photos of ripped/fit people, watching YouTube videos of transformations or exercise videos, subscribing to a fitness magazine or newsletter, downloading a news app that you can choose to have health and fitness as an interest or news preference, putting on your workout clothes and just sitting there, etc. Find something that works for you and use it. The main excuse of anyone who stops going at a particular goal, especially one of fitness and exercise and workout DVDs, is lack of time. You can adapt your workouts to fit into your time schedule or you simply MAKE the time. If it's that important to you, you find a way.
    Don't worry, everyone loses motivation, everyone struggles, everyone slips - it's about accepting that, living through it, then kicking yourself and getting back up and getting back on with it.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'd switch to T25. The first month of Insanity is just a taste - the workouts can get up to an hour in month 2. T25 (In my opinion) is easier than Insanity but I also finished 70+ days of insanity, so it's like a 'break' for me.

I think you could quickly lose interest in Insanity because it's very demanding and TOUGH! If you are already feeling you are not going to have time for it and struggling to find motivation - 56 minutes of it is not going to give you the motivation you are looking for. It's the toughest dvd program I have done so far. Do T25 and work up to Insanity. Maybe once you see the transformation, you will WANT to challenge yourself further!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Shanemintondotcom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definatley do what you are going to stick with, if you feel like you are not goin gto stick with Insanity, I would swith to Focus T25, I just finished it, I have done P90X,Insanity, and Focus T25 since January, Insanity is brutal, I just started Insanity Asylum yesterday, I like it!
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I am on day 5 of week 3 of insanity.
    I am already struggling to motivate myself and find time for the work outs, at the moment I am getting up earlier than normal in the morning to work out.
    I am a social work student and start my final placement in 3weeks. I am worried about how I will continue to do the long workouts once I start placement, I would have to get up at 5:45 for some of them and I just dont know if I can do that AND give my all to my placement.
    Knowing that I may struggle to finish is also impacting my motivation now.

I know that sounds like my mind is made up and I want to quit but I am also really disappointed with myself for considering quitting as I made a commitment to complete the programme.

I have always planned to do T25 after Insanity but am considering starting it now instead.

Any suggestions?
    What would you do?

Hey @Sez

I know that the thought of it is absolutely horrible, I am not a morning person, but I have just started my 2nd month of insanity and after all of the month 1 and recovery week results, I had another confidence boost sweep over me. I was getting up at 5:30-5:45 to do the month 1 work outs and I am now getting out of bed at 5:10 (at the latest).

I dont like getting up that early, but I know if I dont do it in the morning, I wont do it. Please please please consider getting up and doing it in the morning. The first couple weeks are hard, you will be tired, but you will also feel really great about getting it done and beinig able to not worry about it the rest of the day. I can promise you that. You also dont have any excuses to not work out.. you havent ate bad foods to mess up your diet, you havent had a bad day at work/school/etc, you havent had any issues with anyone! You are just getting up and starting your day in the most healthy way possible. I know I am not perfect, and I still have alot of progress to make, but I know that doing the work outs in the morning has made my results possible.

It may take awhile to get in the habit of it, you may miss a morning here or there, but you will be so happy you did it. I tried to do it before and failed. But I am trying again, and so far I have made it more than half way through. I really wish you luck and hope you can find it within yourself to get up and stick with it. You will not regret it!

Dig Deep! :)