3 weeks in to Paleo and my thoughts

Options
I posted this as a status and figured I'd share with you guys as well. :)

"So a few peeps wanted updates on the Paleo diet experiment. I have a ton of jumbled thoughts so I'll spew them here. Almond flour is really dense. I like it. I don't need to eat much of the baked Paleo goods before feeling satisfied and full. Bacon fat is awesome and every time I save it in my little glass jar, I feel my Southern Grandmas smiling down on me. I've lost 2 solid pounds and my stomach (trouble spot) is leaner for sure. Trainer commented on it yesterday. Wasn't trying to lose weight but is what it as. As long as I can get back to heavy lifting I'm all good. I don't feel gross after I eat. Full yes, overfull and sick no. I've spent a LOT more time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning but I've enjoyed it. Hubby says we've been eating like kings the past 3 weeks. I'm finally getting back to beast mode after being wiped out (remember I also had Strep so I'm sure if the Paleo flu got me or if the Strep did) so I'm excited to see how my body performs on this diet. Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips make everything better. Lastly, I think I'm going to stop tracking for a little while now that I have things down pat and am going to give my body a chance to make good choices on it's own without stressing over macros."

Happy eating y'all

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sounds good--best of luck to you!
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Cheers to bacon grease. Three months in is even better, enjoy your good health and tasty food!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    LOL. Thanks guys. I will have to say that the two things I REALLY miss right now are peanut butter and popcorn but otherwise I'm not missing bread or any of that stuff (esp since I've been making my own baked goods).
  • sausalitomama
    sausalitomama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week too and a former peanut butter junkie who now is addicted to almond butter. Have you tried it as a replacement? It's delicious!
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What type of bacon do you eat? I can't express the amount of excitement I feel at the prospect of being able to eat REAL bacon!
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOL. Thanks guys. I will have to say that the two things I REALLY miss right now are peanut butter and popcorn but otherwise I'm not missing bread or any of that stuff (esp since I've been making my own baked goods).

Almond butter. So good, it will ruin your life. Well... It's ruining mine, anyway.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Almond butter. So good, it will ruin your life. Well... It's ruining mine, anyway.

Yikes--it's true. I can eat a whole jar in one sitting.

I tried a bite of PB a few months ago...and bleh! Almond butter has ruined PB for me, which I think is a good thing!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week too and a former peanut butter junkie who now is addicted to almond butter. Have you tried it as a replacement? It's delicious!

Oh yeah. Main staple here now. ;)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    What type of bacon do you eat? I can't express the amount of excitement I feel at the prospect of being able to eat REAL bacon!

I buy the Trader Joe's nitrate free Black Forest or Applewood Smoked. Both are SO yummy!
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Firstly - well done!

Paleo was the best thing I ever did for myself...inside & out! I could never go back to eating the way I was before.

Secondly...have you tried kale chips? They are 'Paleo Popcorn'. They are divine!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Firstly - well done!

Paleo was the best thing I ever did for myself...inside & out! I could never go back to eating the way I was before.

Secondly...have you tried kale chips? They are 'Paleo Popcorn'. They are divine!

I have. I make my own with a cashew "nacho cheese". YUM!
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I'm glad it's working so well for you....I never even knew they coined a term for the way I (usually) eat. When ever someone tried talking down the massive amounts of animal flesh I eat I always justified it as "well we came from cave men and they sure as in hell ate a lot of meat" so why wouldn't I? I'm just confused on one thing...cave men had the intelligence to make alcohol right? :P