what workout would you do next out of these....

Options
mimiteh35
mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
Ok, so I finished Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire is almost done (on my last week!) so I'm wondering what one I should do next. I bought A BUNCH of Beach Body workouts from a lady at work who I don't really know (I work for a big hospital, she advertised on our work's classifieds site so I don't know her at all) but she gave me NO equipment with my workouts except for one resistance band with the Turbo Fire. I have a small set of hand weights that are 3, 5 and 8 lbs and my fiance has a 10-20 lb set so I could potentially do something with some weights which is something I'm interested in as I'm finally getting some biceps thanks to the bit of resistance band work with Turbo Fire...

Ok, so these are the workouts I purchased from the lady at work:
P90X, Slim in 6, 10 Minute Trainer and Turbo Fire (which I'm almost done with TF, on week 12 but did not include the advanced workouts for Turbo Fire).

I also own the Turbo Jam that I bought from the website back when I could afford it, but I only have the basic first set.

I can't afford to buy anything else until after the new year (tons of birthdays in my immediate family plus holidays and sports gear I have to purchase for my kids) as well as I'm looking for a new job so I'm trying to keep as much money IN as I can in case there's a lapse in pay between my old job and a possible new one. Oh yeah, and I'm also currently in week 3 of the couch to 5K program, so 3 days a week I do jog (or a very slow run, whatever lol).

SOOOOO, I was just wondering what would you do next if you had to chose from those workouts I mentioned above to get through till after the new year when you could purchase something new.

Please don't say to buy anything else, I really honestly cannot afford it at this time. also, if any of those workouts are completely unable to be completed due to needing to purchase more equipment, could someone please let me know (like I heard for P90X you HAVE to have a pull-up bar which I can't afford to buy)...etc.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Wow, sounds like you have a good collection. I have all of those, plus a butt load more, so I can definitely help you out. So as you know P90X you would need weights, a pull up bar, etc BUT you can modify the pull ups by using your resistance band if you have the weights. You have done TF and TJ so cross those off your list. 10 Minute Trainer you can do but honestly after doing TF I think you will find it too easy.

I do have an idea though. Why don't you do a hybrid of TurboFire and some of the P90X workouts. I personally think that 10 Min Trainer and Slim in 6 are too easy if you have done TF. TF is more of an advanced program and Slim in 6 and TMT are beginner programs. So what you can do is do P90X Plyo, P90X Kenpo, P90X Yoga and then throw in TurboFire workouts on the other days. If you have some weights than you can do the resistance stuff but if not, just do a hybrid.

Pop me a message if you have any questions. I can pretty much tell you anything about any of the Beachbody workouts.

Jo
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    thank you SO MUCH for your tips and suggestions!!! I didn't realize that Slim in 6 and TMT were easy, lol. A lady at work was selling those plus the Turbo Fire, and I had just completed Turbo Jam and so decided I'd go ahead and buy the Turbo Fire from her and got the others because she only wanted $100 for all so thought why not, lol.

I also didn't know that I could modify with the resistance bands and weights for the pullup bar thing, so that is GREAT NEWS because i was beginning to think I completely wasted my money there. :)

I will look more into doing that P90X hybrid. I did hear that SI6 was a good beginner workout, so you may be right. I mean, I still get winded from Turbo Fire, but I can do the whole workout aside from the stretch 40 because I'm just not that flexible yet and the ab ones kill me so I'm still slowly improving on those...

I do appreciate your tips so much and I will definitely look into a type of hybrid. I'm so much better and able to stay more focused when I have a schedule because I know exactly what I'm going to do that day and I don't have to "think" about it so I'm going to scour the internet to see if someone has created a hybrid already, lol.

Thanks again!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No problem at all. I have so many bb workouts that I have figured out how to work them all together. I have the schedules for all of them so it does help. I am a bb coach so I have a lot of info about them and love helping out. Did you decide to do a hybrid? It would be a nice change for you vs doing something too easy. Let me know how it goes.

Jo