First figure comp.

Options
Hey ladies,

My name is Karen and I decided to do my first figure competition which is in early Spring. I have a trainer who is awesome and have trained other female competitors and himself. I would like some of you ladies to add me for support and I will do so in return. I may have some "female" questions that may need to be answered down the road. I am open to advice that anyone have to offer, it would be deeply appreciated. God Bless :)

Replies

• nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Karen! I did my first figure comp in August, and planning to do one in the spring as well. I will add you! :)
  • Ksoavid
    Options
    Sure thing! How did you do? Was it everything you expected? I'm going to watch my first show on the 19th, and try to talk to as much people as I can while I'm there. pretty stoked!
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This was a military show so I basically did it for the experience. I didn't place in the top 3 but it was definitely a great experience. It was pretty much what I was expecting....lots of training and not a lot of carbs. lol I would definitely say go see a show first to get an idea of what you're getting yourself into. You would be amazed at how your body changes throughout the process. I'm still working on lowering my BF and building muscle but I can definitely see more changes in my body as I prepare for the next show in the spring. :) Good luck!!!
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    You look awesome! Wishing you much success with your first figure competition : ) I'm not looking to compete, but want to look like a bikini competitor : ) I will add you!
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey I am doing the same thing! I plan on doing a figure competition in spring 2014 and have an amazing trainer and team to help me along the way.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have been giving serious thought to doing a show the spring of 2014. I have a ways to go to lean out, I've had a few friends compete and every time I watch their shows I have the desire to do it myself. I think the diet scares me the most. I have always been a crappy food eater and the idea of having all healthy food scares me, mostly because i don't always gravitate to healthy. I would love to have a great support system here. I do have a trainer that i work with and she just completed her first fitness competition with a 2nd place win! I'm motivated but need the support to get me through the tough times.
  • Smash666
    Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) also shooting for a comp this spring. Will be my first. But am super amped about it. Have a twin sister who is competing and of November so hoping we will be up together when the spring one comes. Good luck with your progress ! Feel free to send a friend request :)