Sept 7-13

Options
Hello you all.

How did you do with last weeks challenges? I know you did good, because you always do.

So this week, I am thinking maybe a nice friendly contest? Yep a contest.

Let's do what we want each day.

We can each post at night what we did and how many minutes, then next Sunday we will vote on who we think did the best? That person will then win.............BRAGGING rights.

I think it might be fun. Let me know what you all think and if you don't like this, we can post exercises to do.

Whatever you all do, make it fun and don't forget to post at night!

Good luck to all of us.

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like fun. I'm back in the game and hope I won't have any more set backs. Let's do this!!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    30 minutes WII intense program Just Sweat! 147 calories burned per HRM! (I like this contest)
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Figured I best get this logged here before I forget to do it.

Ok, first was my PT stretches. Hip extensions, 10 each leg, cat stretch, girly pushups 10, crunches 30 total, 10 squats. 25 stretch band pull downs, 12 each of another stretch band exercise PT taught me These I just go with 50 calories total.

Elliptical for 30 minutes 266 calories per HRM

Stationary bike 15 minutes. 101 calories per HRM
  • gramanana
    Options
    I did 45 min of cooking and clean up by make a broccoli risotto torte--man, that was a lot of work, but very good.
    Also, 20 min dancing and 5 min marching
    15 min in the grocery stores for some miscellaneous items
    Not much for me, but lots of fun!

Californiagirl: Wow!!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    30 minutes WII intense program Just Sweat! 147 calories burned per HRM! (I like this contest)
    Add 15 minutes dog walking human!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    IWTB, good going with the Just Sweat and I love the dog walking human added on!

Gramanana, that torte sounds delicious. Good job on dancing and marching. The grocery stores really are hard work, those floors are killer on us, so good burn there too.

So today, Tues. I had a NSV of sorts. I had to go at 9:30 to watch my 3y.o. grandson while his Mommy went to try and get him into this preschool she wants. I got home around noon. I had not had breakfast, so had a bowl of cereal. I sat at the computer and told myself I needed to exercise, but I also had an eye Doc appointment at 2 and it was noon, so I thought, oh it is too late to exercise, just be lazy. This went on for about 15 minutes, then I finally said, just throw on your exercise clothes, hop on the elliptical and DO IT. So, do it, I did! About 10 minutes in, the feel good endorphins kicked in and I was so happy and very pleased with myself that I went ahead and did it. 30 minutes and 265 calories burned per HRM.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Oh my, I just realized I put Sept 7-13 instead of Oct 7-13. I am a month behind! LOL Glad you all knew I meant this week.

Hello you all.

How did you do with last weeks challenges? I know you did good, because you always do.

So this week, I am thinking maybe a nice friendly contest? Yep a contest.

Let's do what we want each day.

We can each post at night what we did and how many minutes, then next Sunday we will vote on who we think did the best? That person will then win.............BRAGGING rights.

I think it might be fun. Let me know what you all think and if you don't like this, we can post exercises to do.

Whatever you all do, make it fun and don't forget to post at night!

Good luck to all of us.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Didn't even notice::laugh:

Today I cleaned 2 bathrooms, dusted--even the blinds--vacuumed and changed the sheets (had hubby's help with the sheets because we plugged in the electric mattress cover).

The I went for a 45 minute walk outside.

It was a GREAT day!!!! Hope everyone else did well, too.:happy:
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Today I walked and did the WII for 20 minutes.Forgot how many calories I burned but it was a good burn. Need to drink more water though. CHECKED and it was 217 calories burned today!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3, you are doing great with the WII. Keep it up and yes, drink more water. Iced tea is good. I drink a lot of that Lipton instant, use fake sugar in it and it is pretty good.

Gramanana, between that cleaning and walk, you burned quite a few calories, good for you. I hope your breathing is doing good now?

Keep up the good job ladies, looks like it is just the 3 of us this week.
  • vivh10
    vivh10 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi ladies, I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you. Keep up all the good work. I walk as much as I can for exercise but have to limit it because I have plantar faciitis which makes my foot really sore if I am on them too long.. Today i walked 30 minutes and did office work for the local Foodbank.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Hi ladies, I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you. Keep up all the good work. I walk as much as I can for exercise but have to limit it because I have plantar faciitis which makes my foot really sore if I am on them too long.. Today i walked 30 minutes and did office work for the local Foodbank.
    [/quo

Hi vivh10, Thanks for the note to us. I know about that plantar faciitis. It hurts! Good for you for even getting in 30 minutes of walking and hats off to you for your volunteering at the food bank.
  • gramanana
    Options
    I know all about plantar faciitis, too. It is no fun and takes forever to heal. My exercise is limited today because of my stupid back. Something crunched yesterday when I was getting out of the car. Looking back on it, must have been funny because I was frozen half and half out of the car; couldn't get my left leg to lift or my body to straighten out. Better today, but taking it easy. Don't want to sit too much because I'm afraid these old bones will all freeze (LOL).

It will get better for both of us.
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Only walked 18 minutes because I feel a little sick. Tomorrow is my pre open for cataract surgery too.
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    I know all about plantar faciitis, too. It is no fun and takes forever to heal. My exercise is limited today because of my stupid back. Something crunched yesterday when I was getting out of the car. Looking back on it, must have been funny because I was frozen half and half out of the car; couldn't get my left leg to lift or my body to straighten out. Better today, but taking it easy. Don't want to sit too much because I'm afraid these old bones will all freeze (LOL).

It will get better for both of us.
    Sorry to hear about your back! Hope you feel better soon!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Well today, I did my PT, hip extensions 10 each leg, crunches 30 total, squats 10, the back exercises with the stretchy bands. Also did 40 minutes on the elliptical burning 292 calories per HRM.

Hope you all are getting some type of movement in.

Gramanana, I can so relate to you with the back pain. You sure have been having your share of it lately too. I hope it feels better sooner than later. Take care of it!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, back is much better today, but I did take it easy. About the only real exercise I did was my 30 min. walk outside.
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    It must be contagious! My back is out! No exercise today!
  • gramanana
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3: So sorry about your back. Rest and, hopefully, it will get better quickly like mine did. Of course, then a cold kicked in, so I've been out of the exercise burn most of the week. Next week will be better for all of us.