Help!! Really frustrated.

Options
Okay So please hear me out!! Its gonna be long but i really need help.

I became member of this group few months ago. I started a reset back then did it for 4 weeks and then got back on cut.
I didnt gain during reset phase and i dint lose either during the cut phase. So left it :/

Okay now I haven't been on strict diet for too long. For example i keep of updating my cals limit after few months. Like a month i had been eating around 1200 cals, then next month around 1500-1600 calories and then 1700-1800 cals. My weight keeps on jingling between 3 weights and its been 3-4 months. I really want my weight to drop.

I have an eight hours desk job. But if you ask me honestly how many hours do i not sit, the answer would be around 60 minutes, and that's when m doing house chores.

I have started a reset yesterday, it was calculated around 2000 cals and believe me it was like stuffing my stomach to the full.
I am planning to be a couch potato during my reset phase. Because God knows its too difficult to eat that MUCH healthy food unless m stuffing junk.

So here are my questions.

1) Should i do half reset or full reset?
2) How do i know if my reset is working?
3) Will i be able to lose weight while continuing my job?
(Actually my job is really hectic and i stay tense usually because of it. I really want to lose weight so i can consider the option of taking a break from the job.)
4) Anyone here who has desk job and lost weight using EM2WL, please can i add you??

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back!

I think I don't quite understand what you mean with half a reset?
    I would strongly recommend to do a reset for 12 weeks time. Some people even need longer, depending on their history.
    If you don't want to workout during that time, then don't. EM2WL can also work without exercise, but exercise does have a lot of benefits, that will make the journey easier.
    I also don't understand why you would not be able to lose weight while continuing your job? As long as your calories are adapted to your activity level you should be ok.
    Usually when you are resetting, you will typically feel stuffed in the beginning, but one sign of the reset being done is that you will not have this feeling any more. You will might even come into a phase where you will get ravenous. Also watch your weight gain and the feeling of being bloated. At the end of your reset you should not be gaining any weight and the bloated feeling should be gone or be a lot better as well.
    Hope that helps
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Confirm your TDEE during reset is based on your planned exercise goal - nothing.

Don't eat a TDEE level for exercise you plan on doing later after the reset. That's guaranteed fat gain.

As recommended though, what better time for your body to be getting extra calories compared to normal, than when you are exercising it.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Confirm your TDEE during reset is based on your planned exercise goal - nothing.

Don't eat a TDEE level for exercise you plan on doing later after the reset. That's guaranteed fat gain.

As recommended though, what better time for your body to be getting extra calories compared to normal, than when you are exercising it.

Heybales, m sorry i am unable to understand this.
    Do you mean that if i complete the reset lets say 8-12 weeks. After that i ate the same amount but exercised 10%(TDEE) cals, i will gain fat/weight instead of losing ??:indifferent:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Do you mean that if i complete the reset lets say 8-12 weeks. After that i ate the same amount but exercised 10%(TDEE) cals, i will gain fat/weight instead of losing ??:indifferent:

I was speaking of right now, currently, during reset.

The way you commented just caught my attention because I've seen others do it. Perhaps language thing.

Some have said "I'll be moderately active when I start exercise, but I'll do a reset and no exercise right now." But then they eat at what will be future TDEE.
    Well of course they keep gaining weight during reset.

So you are going to find your non-exercise TDEE during reset, and then start exercising after reset, and basically let exercise create your deficit, up to whatever 10% is?

So basically add your exercise calories to already established non-exercise TDEE, and then take 10%, and eat back enough to keep the 10%?
    Or confirm your exercise is only so many calories worth?

Just want to confirm you've thought out what you are planning to do.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    heybales! Thanks for this last comment. It helped answer a question I was gonna ask later today if research on forum did not answer.

Sorry back to original poster. I did a 12 week reset. I am a desk worker also. I added in 3 days a week of 10-15 min strength during my reset - (situps, pushups, squats) and sometimes these were not done all at 1 time. I gained weight, but ultimately the stuffed feeling went away. Now I am cutting as of today (week 14) and I am planning to up my workout to 10-15 min of cardio along with strength training and may not be at same time again. So you can do this without working out. But I found even the 10-15 mins of strength has started to change my arms and legs...sure my tummy is changing too under all this fat..just not quite there yet. So I say eat at your TDEE for no exercise like heybales says, for 12 weeks minimum. Get stable, then cut by 10% at first....and re-evaluate your plan for exercise then.

The way you commented just caught my attention because I've seen others do it. Perhaps language thing.

Some have said "I'll be moderately active when I start exercise, but I'll do a reset and no exercise right now." But then they eat at what will be future TDEE.

So you are going to find your non-exercise TDEE during reset, and then start exercising after reset, and basically let exercise create your deficit, up to whatever 10% is?

So basically add your exercise calories to already established non-exercise TDEE, and then take 10%, and eat back enough to keep the 10%?

• night_watcher
    Options
    Hi and welcome back!

I think I don't quite understand what you mean with half a reset?
    I would strongly recommend to do a reset for 12 weeks time. Some people even need longer, depending on their history.
    If you don't want to workout during that time, then don't. EM2WL can also work without exercise, but exercise does have a lot of benefits, that will make the journey easier.
    I also don't understand why you would not be able to lose weight while continuing your job? As long as your calories are adapted to your activity level you should be ok.
    Usually when you are resetting, you will typically feel stuffed in the beginning, but one sign of the reset being done is that you will not have this feeling any more. You will might even come into a phase where you will get ravenous. Also watch your weight gain and the feeling of being bloated. At the end of your reset you should not be gaining any weight and the bloated feeling should be gone or be a lot better as well.
    Hope that helps

Thanks a lot Noor,I have just completed my week 2 and i have gained 5 lbs and m hungry all the time, plus m not bloated anymore, instead m constipated :huh:
  • night_watcher
    Options

Oh right thanks I got your point now :)

I will calculate my TDEE with exercise and then cut off 10% from that :)
  • night_watcher
    Options
    thanks , ill try including exercise (strength training) :)
    heybales! Thanks for this last comment. It helped answer a question I was gonna ask later today if research on forum did not answer.

Sorry back to original poster. I did a 12 week reset. I am a desk worker also. I added in 3 days a week of 10-15 min strength during my reset - (situps, pushups, squats) and sometimes these were not done all at 1 time. I gained weight, but ultimately the stuffed feeling went away. Now I am cutting as of today (week 14) and I am planning to up my workout to 10-15 min of cardio along with strength training and may not be at same time again. So you can do this without working out. But I found even the 10-15 mins of strength has started to change my arms and legs...sure my tummy is changing too under all this fat..just not quite there yet. So I say eat at your TDEE for no exercise like heybales says, for 12 weeks minimum. Get stable, then cut by 10% at first....and re-evaluate your plan for exercise then.