Stage 3 & 5

Options

Replies

• 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Last Stage 3 workout finished! Here are the improvements I made, from Workout 1 to Workout 4:

1-armed db snatch: 10 lbs to 20 lbs
    db single-leg romanian dl: 10 lbs to 32.5 lbs
    bb bent-over row: 35 lbs to 70 lbs
    db single-arm oh squat: 5 & 10 lbs to 10 & 20 lbs
    db incline bp: 15 lbs to 25 lbs
    reverse wood chop: 15 lbs to 32.5 lbs
    bb romanian dl/ bent-over row: 52 lbs to 70 lbs
    partial single-leg squat: bw to 15 lbs
    wide-grip lat pulldown: 70 lbs to 75 lbs
    back extension: bw to 25 lbs plate

Now for my confession: After two sad attempts, I gave up on BWM. My other confession is that I don't feel bad about that at all :)

Looking forward to starting Stage 4 on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone in Stage 3 right now!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, that BWM is brutal:)

I'm going to be doing them on Tuesday evenings after a quick cardio session and before I do a 60min stretching class. First attempt at 2 in a row will be tomorrow!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    sooo not looking forward to stage 5 and going back to BWMs!
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Ah man...I was hoping they were only in stage 3:(
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Stage 5a last night! So excited to have made it this far, even though I've had some bumps in the road. I know I dread the BWMs but I really do think they are essential and I feel so GOOD after doing them!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I will be starting stage 3 on Monday! I did a quick run through of the exercises this week at the gym. I do that to get a handle on where I need to be and what equipment I need so that when I start I can hit the ground running. The BWM will be my biggest challenge yet.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hiya ladies,

Just finished 5B1. If I'm honest, I don't feel like I've worked today. Barely got a sweat on my warm-up or on the interval training and I was pushing it. I did increase my weights on everything except the YTWL's. Started with 6 kg dumbbells, dropped to 5kgs on the 2nd and 3rd, but by the fourth set I was on 4kgs! Those things kill me!

@sclaibo, I feel the same about the BWM. I hate it, haven't yet broken the 3 min barrier but I feel so gooood afterwards! I always wonder what people think when they see me doing it. I must look like some crazy woman trying to kill her legs :laugh:
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello, how are you all doing?

Just back from 5A2 and the way I see it, I've got 2 BWMs down and only 2 more to go! I can't wait to be done with them.

Happy Monday wherever you are.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stage 3A #4 workout yesterday and I definitely improved by the end. The second set of the body matrix I got through all 24 jump squats without stopping with a total time of 1:31, almost 25 seconds off the last work out time. When I first did them, I was at the 3 minute mark but had to stop to catch my breath and relieve that burn so many times. Tomorrow I will be finishing up with the B workout. I didn't notice too much difference in my body, however I have noted that I'm alot stronger. :)
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm at the halfway mark for stage 3. The BWM feels like death but I get through it in a a fairly decent time of 3ish minutes. I've been skipped the YTWLs. They are annoying and they don't really do anything for me.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm back starting stage 5 this week! excited! :bigsmile:
  • abrnchood
    abrnchood Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will be starting stage 3 on Friday. Any tips would be appreciated! I have lifted for a pretty long time, but have decided to try all the stages of NROLFW. Some of the exercises have been challenging to do at my gym (there are no exercise balls or boxes there) so I have had to put in some substitutions.

The body weight exercises at the end of A (or B?) look like a challenge for knees, in particular! Anyone have any feedback about how those went?
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I did my 2nd workout A last night, and just not finding the time to include the BWM in my time slot. I am choosing to skip it knowing I am not get the full benefits. I am trying to compensate by going all out on my cardio days. Anyone else having this problem? I have to go after work, and I work till 6pm, so without doing the BMW I am still not done until almost 8pm. I want to see my kid before he goes to bed! Just takes too long with the BWM.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I finished stage 2 this morning and looking to start stage 3 Feb 3 or 4. Should be interesting LOL
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm due to finish stage 2 this week, and wondering how much gap to leave before I go in to stage 3? Stage 2 has gone so much quicker than stage 1 did, and I had to take an enforced rest after stage 1 when I pulled my shoulder out doing the 'special' AMRAP workouts at the end (Muppet!). So I'm not sure how much rest is needed between the different stages.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I only took a rest between stage 1 and 2, the rest of the stages I did immediately after completing the stage.
  • LuizH
    Options
    That's what I wanted to hear!!! I'm amazed how excited I am to be starting my next stage :bigsmile:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Luiz - did you start Stage 3 yet? Are you still as exicted? :laugh:

I did the first workout last night - it was HARD! Even the PT helping me with my form thought it was brutally hard :laugh:
  • LuizH
    Options
    I started on Sunday night, I'm doing my first round of Workout B tonight. I actually loved workout A :love: apart from I still can't do a 90s plank! B looks confusing but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I did B this morning - I found it fairly easy. Nowhere near as challenging as A.