This is where you log your daily walking

Options
Whos excited to start on monday ??? I know I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm excited, too! And, I thought I was going to have a problem on my travel days, but someone above mentioned the walking videos...so, since I'll have my laptop with me, I can do the walking videos from my hotel room! So, I'll really have no excuse to skip a day now!
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so glad someone else mentioned the walking videos bc I was hoping that those counted. I have a 3 mile and a 5 mile video. It is so much easier to do the videos and I more likely to complete more miles if I do the videos.
  • juls1775
    Options
    What are the walking videos???
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So here is a questions, are we talking miles total throughout your day, or just straight walking like after work to get mileage?
  • Northorpe
    Northorpe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm looking forward to starting this, as on a good week I walk 25/30 km but not sure what that is in miles, I use Endomodo to track my walking and it links my calories burned into here.
    I have that Walk it out game for the Wii and walk on that but prefer to be outside in the fresh air.
    I live in Switzerland, anybody else in this group from Europe?
    Cheers, happy walking
    Helen
  • Northorpe
    Northorpe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi looking forward to the answer to that one, also the post above me, I see you have a weight loss tracker, please can you tell me how you did that? Thanks
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    Hi looking forward to the answer to that one, also the post above me, I see you have a weight loss tracker, please can you tell me how you did that? Thanks

Click the APPS tab, ticker (top bar right under all the tabs), then you can update, or customize your tickers and set it to show on your posts from there.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    Options
    just walked 3655 steps (for me that is about 1.8 miles)
  • janeasreflecton27
    Options
    super excited healthy happy challenge
  • Abbaprincess
    Abbaprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm excited...and my dog can't wait!:laugh:
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge! Hope everyone does well
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday, October 14! I am taking the day-off from work and I am excited to join this challenge!:bigsmile:
  • sydneyplainjane
    Options
    What are the walking videos???

Oh, someone in the other thread mentioned that she uses Leslie Sansone walking DVD's (I also saw them on YouTube) - Walk at Home, Walk Away the Pounds. Basically, you're walking/marching in place for 25, 30, 40 minutes. I've seen some that are longer.

I'm assuming they count for this challenge, since it's a walking challenge.

I only plan to use them on my travel days when I'm stuck in a hotel in the evenings. Otherwise, I will do my walks outdoors. I love being out in the fresh air, plus I want to take advantage of the warmer weather while it's still here! And, if I'm walking outdoors, I can walk up hills for an extra workout...something you really can't do on the videos.
  • kathleentotampa
    Options
    I love this, this is my current goal, I just joined today, but have walked 2.08 miles each of the past 4 days, so I can do this...
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! The weather is cooling down a bit here, and that's exciting, too. :happy:
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to do this too, because I only decided a week ago, that I was going to get into the habit of walking for 20 minutes every day. There surely should be no reason why I can't make time for that! Managed it 7 days out of the last 8 :happy:

My distance counts may be a little off when I update it, because I'm metric, but I think I worked this out alright... 60 mi = 96.5 km
    and each day I should be walking approximately... 3.2km (which should equate to 2mi).

Happy walking everyone!

exercise.png
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wish it started today because today i'm attempting to use leslie sansone videos to walk a half marathon :) i've not been allowed to workout all week because of medical tests but today i can yay

exercise.png
  • tiffncay16
    Options
    this is not a daily walk challenge. You just need to accomplish 60 miles in 30 days. It would be easier to do it daily so your not falling behind :)
  • sydneyplainjane
    Options
    this is not a daily walk challenge. You just need to accomplish 60 miles in 30 days. It would be easier to do it daily so your not falling behind :)

Good to know! I'm a big weekend walker, so I can try to make up what I miss during the week.

How do you guys measure your miles? I have a pedometer, but I don't think it's very accurate, because when I walk the Heart Smart trail in my community (which is supposed to be a mile) the pedometer is always off a 10th of a mile or so, depending on how fast/slow I walked.

I use this website called, mapmywalk.com, so you can put your starting point on a map, and then it helps you figure out how far you have to walk to walk a mile. I like to use it at work, and then plug in a different walking route every day.
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How do you guys measure your miles? I have a pedometer, but I don't think it's very accurate, because when I walk the Heart Smart trail in my community (which is supposed to be a mile) the pedometer is always off a 10th of a mile or so, depending on how fast/slow I walked.

I use Endomondo Sports Tracker on my phone. It is sometimes off just a tad, though. Since it uses GPS it can get a little messed up by 1) if I hold it in my hand and swing my arms, 2) weather interference, 3) just because it's dumb. It's usually not off by more than 1/10 of a mile or so.

I'm excited to start and see how many miles I can track. I've just gotten back into really walking within the past week or so. I was really into walking last year and I just kind of stopped. Now I'm walking between 1-4 miles every day. It feels awesome. :-)