iOS app recommendations for SLtracking?

Options
emjaycazz
emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
I have a strong dislike for the Stronglifts app (specifically the iOS version). In the first place, you can't log your warm up sets (I like to track them to see what works). It does not allow you to reconfigure the recommended weight increments (e.g., if you complete 5x5 OHP at 50 lbs, it will automatically recommend 55 lbs without accounting for height or weight. I would like to pre-configure it to add only the sum of my fractionals because I'm a 100 lb woman.

Before my iOS 7 upgrade, I had problems configuring the OHP to be something under 45 lbs, but now I can't change the weights on anything at all.

It does not allow me to track accessory work because it limits your entries to only the three exercises per A and B workouts.

If I am resting between sets and want to change my song in my playlist, the stopwatch on the app will stop, but then re-start at 0:00.:mad: My brain is elsewhere and I don't want to do math between sets to add up two separate times.

Anyone have recommendations for an app that lets you set up a "template" for A and B workouts, but also lets you add accessory lifts and warm ups?

Replies

• arsarapin
    arsarapin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use fitnessbuddy app to build my workouts. For my warm ups I just bookmarked warmupreps.com on my phone and add those reps as I go. I like all the features of the app (rest timer, playlist, etc). Also, it is handy to use if I ever show up to the gym and the one squat rack we have is covered up. I just do an alternate workout when that happens.
  • brandynot
    Options
    I use the Body Space app from bodybuilding.com. YOu can add as many sets as you want (to track those warm-up sets) and it does a countdown between sets as I go. I set it up online and when I accessed it on my iPhone it was really easy to use and allowed me to enter the weight used on each set.

Hope that helps.