I had forgotten!!!

Options
carashirley
carashirley Posts: 169 Member
So I"ve been doing this health eating thing since July. I did it the SAD way and just cut my calories. Also lowered my fat intake. Well my trainer suggested I try Paleo to see faster better results. Today is my first day. I just fixed my self an omelet using 1/3 tsp organic coconut oil, mushroom, tomato, onion, bell pepper, spinich, 1 strip natural bacon, and 2 cage free organic eggs.... OMG!!!

I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW GOOD FAT TASTED!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Having real food with real flavor!! I think I'm gonna like this paleo thing!!

Replies

• Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt! Those first weeks when I did crave bread/carbs, a nice, high fat snack would end up even more satisfying.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Yes, the food is awesome, no need to skimp on fat, in fact, better not to. Being healthy and losing weight without struggling sure does make the most sense to me...

Lowering fat is the worst of the worst advice to be healthy and lose weight. It makes me sad to see so many still running on that hamster wheel.
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Yes, the food is awesome, no need to skimp on fat, in fact, better not to. Being healthy and losing weight without struggling sure does make the most sense to me...

Lowering fat is the worst of the worst advice to be healthy and lose weight. It makes me sad to see so many still running on that hamster wheel.

Have you lost your 68lbs on the Paleo?
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    High fat for me keeps my cravings at bay
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how good paleo food tastes, and how satisfying it is. I'm almost never hungry these days. Have lost 34 lbs on paleo/primal (occasional dairy) since the end of May.

Fat is our friend! (That is, fat in the diet, at least.) As a matter of fact, I've learned to slather fat here and there in order to get enough to meet my macros (55% fat). Today, for example, I cooked ground beef with a bit of coconut oil (the ground beef was only 10% fat; got it on sale and it was actually cheaper than the 20% fat stuff), and added butter to my sweet potato, and to my steamed spinach at dinner. I customarily have a tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning when I get up, as otherwise I end up at the end of the day with not enough calories. Can you believe it? It can be a struggle to get at least 1200 calories in! I remember going to bed hungry on a 1200 calorie diet back in my Weight Watchers days!

I only got one meal in today (and a small snack) because of circumstances, but with paleo/primal eating I don't get woozy from blood sugar crashes if I miss a meal or two.
  • ginnyntonic
    ginnyntonic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know right?!?! Four or five years ago when I was dieting and using tons of cardio to lose weight I went to bed hungry all the time and was so short with my kids. Now I am enjoying my food, feeling full, my mood is amazing, and I am still losing weight. I tried a "bullet proof" coffee the other day with a tbs of butter and 1/4 cup coconut cream and I felt so happy and good after drinking it you would have though I had some whiskey in there too. So happy I've stumbled on this way of eating. Best of my horrible acne that I've had for the past 5 years is finally clearing up.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm about 2 months into my switch from SAD to Paleo and love to eat and look forward to it now. The first week or two, I craved bread and cereal, so I learned to make Paleo alternatives. After that brief period, I didn't have to substitute at all anymore - I don't even miss it. Love bacon and eggs for breakfast!

Because hubby isn't on this journey with me, I occasionally will eat food with rice or some bread crumbs, and I have a few recipes with beans and corn. But I aim for 90% every week. I've added a little dairy (so I guess I'm really Primal) too.

Enjoy the ride!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Have you lost your 68lbs on the Paleo?

You bet. I was Primal for the first year and now, since August, aim for more Paleo (trying to keep dairy to a minimum). But, my secret is also that I choose a ketogenic form of Paleo, which means high fat, moderate protein, low carb. For me, it's a WIN.
  • Tspgibbs
    Options
    I too am new to the Paleo and feel very pleased with the way I am feeling now. Just have to concentrate harder this week on increasing my fats.