Introduce yourself and let's see why you are here!

Options

Replies

• kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi peeps. I'm from potties. Been on mfp for a couple of weeks. It'll be nice to have some SA friends! Feel free to add me! :)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Hello there guys. I'm Tsephe and I live in Pretoria. I'm on MFP because I want to interact with people who share similar goals and have the same same passion for fitness and health. And boy am I happy to see that there are lots of fellow South Africans here.
  • lelanischuster
    Options
    Hi There guys

I'm Lelani from the deep Souf of Joburg.
    With my second pregnancy I gained 27kg's. Lost 15 very quickly, but Im left with the very stubborn 2nd half.
    Good to know that I've got fellow South Africans who's got my "we can do it" spirit!
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    YAY! Found where all the South Africans are hiding :wink:

I'm Amz and I just joined MFP a week ago. I'm 26 and about 15kg over weight but on my way to fixing that little problem. My future career will see me being fairly active as a veterinarian, but currently I am desk bound studying for my finals. That's where this site comes in handy - need distractions from the temptation to munch away.

Anyhoo, hope to make some friends here. I'm currently in good old PTA and am always up for some fun.
    Have an awesome sunny Sunday
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi from Cape Town AMZ! Good luck with your finals and your weight loss goals. I have found MFP to be invaluable - as long as you log consistently.

Once again - welcome and GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted on your progress (both with the exams and with your weight loss journey.)
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    hi from Cape Town AMZ! Good luck with your finals and your weight loss goals. I have found MFP to be invaluable - as long as you log consistently.

Once again - welcome and GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted on your progress (both with the exams and with your weight loss journey.)

Thanks so much, and I will do :happy:
  • dennisjocks77
    Options
    Hi there,

36 year old guy from Lonehill in Joburg. Consider myself to be quite fit but have the annual problem of winter fat!! always put on close to 8kgs in the winter months....
    Anyway on the site to make sure I am not packing on the calories also be cool to meet some like minded people who like to be active...Holidaying in Thailand in Jan 14 need to look good!!!!<please>
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    Hi there,

36 year old guy from Lonehill in Joburg. Consider myself to be quite fit but have the annual problem of winter fat!! always put on close to 8kgs in the winter months....
    Anyway on the site to make sure I am not packing on the calories also be cool to meet some like minded people who like to be active...Holidaying in Thailand in Jan 14 need to look good!!!!<please>

:drinker: Hello Dennis and welcome - more South African's the better in my opinion :wink:
  • Kea_Bean
    Options
    Hello All,

It's my first day on MFP and i am about as excited as a cat is to water! LOL
    Basically im tired of being the chubby girl who is insecure of her weight and wont wear a bikini or shorts to the beach.

I'm getting married next year November and i plan on losing about 15 kg's before then. My total weight loss goal is 30kgs.

Not easy when i am a lover of baking, eating and fine dining...but i will do this.
    I had a personal trainer last year and just before December i dislocated my knee in a sports injury so this is also keeping me from really getting into the gym properly...scared is an understatement.

Anyone in the JHB area who gyms at Little Falls Virgin Active let me know and maybe we can hook up and motivate each other.

Tired of this body...my true inner self is crying to come out!

Ciao

Keandra
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome!

Stick to it - and you will do great.
    Stick to it - and you will LOOK Great for your wedding day.

We're all here to support!

As for 'a cat to water' - on this journey, water has got to be a VERY GOOD FRIEND (i.e. drink it - LOTS of it!)
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all South Africans!!

I see that this group no longer has a moderator :ohwell:
    I decided to make an updated group...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17560-south-africa

Lekker!
  • Saliha97
    Options
    Hello healthy people :)

My name is Saliha, also known as Sally, Sal, or Saalie. I'm from the beautiful South Africa. I am a realist, an enthusiast and a poet. I hope to make many friends here, so I will lose more weight lol. It says friends help you lose three times as much weight.

I am super glad I joined this site. In just five days, I can feel I'm eating less because I hate the red numbers that mean I've overstepped my calorie limit. In 21 days, I would have taught myself a new habit of journalizing every thing I put in my mouth.

A few months before I came here, I started taking these natural weight loss pills that contained many Chinese plants. It took away my heavy appetite for food and my cravings for sweet things. In this period I saw that I was losing a lot of weight, without eating healthily at all. I lost 7 kg!

Somehow, in that period of time, I decided to slowly change my habits. I started eating breakfast every morning (which I seldom did before). My breakfast usually consists of oats as a base. I also started drinking herbal teas like green tea and rooibos tea. I drank less and less sugary fizzy drinks and more water when I bought a glass water bottle too. My life was slowly changing. I started to focus on eating more healthy food instead of oily, refined foods and lots of sugars.

I replaced most of my sugars with fruits and honey, or dates. I've always enjoyed fruits and vegetables and so it wasn't hard for me to learn this habit. I've also very recently included intermittent fasting into my week for spiritual reasons and also health reasons. I've been doing it for a few weeks now. Unfortunately my scale's not working, so I cannot tell you about my progress now.

The reason I joined here is because I want to know exactly where I'm heading. I now know exactly what calories to eat, and I feel less guilty about eating that piece of chocolate because usually on other diets, they restrict you very much with specific foods and ways of cooking. With MFP I can eat different meals whenever I like as long as it's in my calorie limit.

I hope you all the best results like I hope for myself.

Sal :)
  • dazcoop
    Options
    Hi All,

Just started playing with MFP last year, but now getting into it.

In reasonable shape, but wanting to get into the best shape ever ;) Ultimately around 100kg's, at 10%BF...

Looking for people to help motivate... most people think im crazy with my gym, and MFP for that matter... but I LOVE IT!!!

Stay in Fourways, work in Sandton... gym most days, get depressed when I dont :P

Anyways, add me for motivation (for both you and me)
  • Krad81
    Krad81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there South Africans :)

I started with MFP on Monday... NO not a new years resolution (I hate those)! But I was at the coast over the holidays and really realised how badly over-weight I am - shocking and embarrassing! I visit my family at the coast once a year so next time I want to shock them - this time in a good way! And I want to be healthier so that I can run and play with my daughter and her cousins.

I am 32 years old and according to the BMI calculator thingy I am OBESE - yay... not! :(

So, I figured I want to eat healthier and make a journal of everything I eat. Already its been 3 days since my last chocolate (I am a chocoholic) which is amazing for me. My worst time of the day is at night when my daughter has gone to sleep because that is when my husband and I would normally eat a chocolate. So I just go to bed instead until the addiction to chocolate has passed. Otherwise I am eating healthier and much less sugar and bread and drink more water! I struggle a bit at work - sandwiches are just the easiest thing - so if anyone has some cool healthy sarmie ideas I would be so happy if you shared!

Monday will be my first weigh in... hold thumbs!!
  • Gremlin07
    Options
    Hi Guys :)

I am new to MFP, but would really like to get started :)

Looking for some friends to help motivate :) Always better with some motivation :)

Please add me, or let me know :)
  • nellysen
    nellysen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am new to the group too. Living and working in the beautiful city of Cape Town.

Years of terrible eating and absolutely no exercise has landed me in the OBESE side on the BMI calculator!!

This site is so fantastic the way we can all track our food and fitness.

I am trying to eat better and have joined gym where I am trying to go for either a Zumba dance class or a circuit work out at least 2 to 3 times a week. For me those are HUGE changes.

41 Kilos to lose ... big task but I am up for it :)

If any of you are in Cape Town or anywhere in SA really, feel free to add me as a friend.

I will update my profile as soon as I get a chance. I seem to spend most hours on the food diary at the moment!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR GOALS :)
  • Jrk_fitness
    Jrk_fitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.
    My name is Jan-Roux Kotze, Capetonian, Natural Athlete and Personal Trainer running my own business and motivating people to get in shape and stay in shape in a healthy manner.
    I have been through it all from the age of 10 @ 80kg till age of 21 @ 57kg and now through my experiences and mistakes I have come to found that I have a passion to help and guide others to become fit, strong and healthy.

Current Weight 77kg with 8% Bodyfat.
    180cm tall

Squat - 140kg
    Bench - 100kg
    Deadlift - 180kg

My Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/JrkFitness
  • immortalmpho
    immortalmpho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is mpho from Johannesburg. I just had a baby on the 21st of January and im looking to start on an exercise plan once i get the okay form doc at next appointment I've been on MFP from 2012 i have about 50kg to lose and would appreciate any motivation and support i can get... Please feel free to add me. I start walking around the block tomorrow :wink:
  • Tanya_ds
    Tanya_ds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Recently joined MFP and looking for some motivation buddies :) Anyone from SA still active on here?
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I was here in 2015 and learned a lot whilst meeting some amazing people. Last year, I got back into corporate and stuck behind the desk again, and in 6 months put back on everything I had lost. MFP worked for me previously but I am also hoping to find some SA buddies to do the journey with this time. I'm 56 year old mother of 3 and grandma of 4.