Peak Week - What do you do?

Options
ang3li
ang3li Posts: 69 Member
Hi Ladies

I was just curious for those that have competed, what does your peak week look like? Do you carb deplete/ load? Water load?

If so, what do you do? I know each person is different, but i just wanted to get a detail idea of what other people do during peak week for their fitness competition

Thanks!

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I always get oats in the am....For my most recent Figure comp...my trainer actually carb'd me up for the final 4 days! yay I actually got to eat THREE PB&J rice cakes the night before :) and my regular oats the morning of the show.
    She has me take water pills (to dry you out) for 4-5 days before the show. I still drink my regular gallon a day for 3 of those days...then on the Fri before I get cut to 1/2 gallon for the day and the morning of the show I only get 6 oz until after Pre-judging. Then I get another 6 oz until after night show. Then it's a free for all!!!! LOL

As far as training goes....on show week we do a workout on Mon and MAYBE a super light one on Wed...then it's cruise control after that.

Good luck on Sat!
  • ang3li
    Options
    Awesome thanks! that sounds great to me except i dont take any water pills but i will be cutting my water tomorrow and then very little on the day!

I cant wait until my cheat meal!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cellucor's L2 diruetic always works best for me. Some people carb up, others carb deplete. So far, I have carb depleted until the night before/morning before prejuding. Like I'll add some sweet potatoes to dinner, and have oats in the morning before the show with breakfast. The carbs fill the muscles out. When you eat carbs dry (as in not drinking water while eating them) you are less likely to retain water, especially if you are cutting water to prepare for a show, since you aren't drinking any water.

If you don't eat any carbs at all (and some people do this), you can look super flat on stage. This is why people are like "Wow, I looked fantastic the morning after my competition, but looked flat on stage". The carbs in their celebratory dinner filled out their muscles.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I also did carb depletion for the 2 days before the show. (I did cow and citrus... wierd but it works.) Then the morning of the show I had 1/2 cup dry rolled oats mixed with a scoop of protein powder and a teeny bit of water, maybe 1-2 ounces.

I also played with my water intake and water pills. 2 weeks before the show I bumped up to 1.5-2 gallons a day. 10 days out I started the water pills. 3 days before the show I dropped down to 1 gallon. 2 days before the show dropped down to 8, 8-ounce glasses of water. The day before the show was 4, 8-ounce glasses of water (I felt like I way dying of thirst after being so well hydrated for so long). The day of the show I had 8 ounces of water in the morning before pre-judging (including the water used for my oats in the morning.

Oddly enough I think I found the best trick by accident. After pre-judging my training partner and I both knew that we there were no decisions in the balance for us during the night show. (I came second to last in figure and middle of the pack in bikini; she came in middle-end of the pack for figure (open) and was the clear winner for physique.) After prejudging we went to the grocery store and got marshmallows and mini bottles of wine. I had 3 jumbo marshmallows and one sizable glass of wine. I was absolutly AMAZED at the difference between my photos from the morning show and the night show. In the night show, I had alot more definition in my abs (I was still carrying some extra body fat there) and my delts and biceps looked alot fuller, presumably from the extra carbs.

My next show is going to be in the fall and I'm pretty set on my marshmallow and wine combination for the morning of the show... as long as I have a friend to drive me!
  • ang3li
    Options
    Awesome discovery about the wine and marshmellows!

Thanks for your input ladies!