Whats your motivation?

For days when you're feeling stuck, I thought it could be helpful for everyone to list the things that motivate them. That way the other people in this group can get you going, or maybe your old posts will remind you why you're doing this.

To exercise today I am motivated by the race I'm training for. I'm already cutting the training a bit short and I can not afford to skip any days.
Also, I'm building up my milage. By tomorrow I should be running the farthest I ever have before, and that feels awesome!

Replies

• timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    This helps me a lot when it comes to working out and running...Read below

You need extra motivation while working out or doing cardio? My wife and I have found that over the last year and a half that Trance music in a podcast help motivate us a lot... A lot of people think "oh Techno and Trance is all the same very repetitive and a constant beat". Let me inform you that Trance is a more melodic version of Techno and it has evolved a lot over the past several years and continues to do so. Plus all of these podcasts are all free over the iTunes market and update at least once a month. If you interested in some artists please reply and I can give you several for you to try out. Thanks
  • namilee03
    namilee03 Posts: 3 Member
    This is a good post topic, Ashley. Motivation comes from when I start to see and feel results. When my pants feel a little looser or my abs feel sore from the day before that makes me want to keep going. I really enjoy the more immediate motivation as well. After a hard workout, you get those endorphins going and you feel like you're on top of the world. A lot of my motivation is pretty superficial though. I try to imagine how I'll look or what kinds of clothes I'll wear when I've toned up and lost weight. But hey, isn't that at least one of the reasons why we do what we're doing.

Tim, I listen to mostly trance and electronica when I work out. It's very spiritual for me and it keeps me going as well. I listen to a little of everybody.. AVB, ATB, Oakenfold, Porter Robinson, Tiesto..etc. Who are your faves? For a more chilled out feel, check out Emancipator, he's amazing.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Tim, I listen to mostly trance and electronica when I work out. It's very spiritual for me and it keeps me going as well. I listen to a little of everybody.. AVB, ATB, Oakenfold, Porter Robinson, Tiesto..etc. Who are your faves? For a more chilled out feel, check out Emancipator, he's amazing.

I have a lot of Artist I listen to now...Armin Van Burren, Super 8 & Tab, The Thrillseekers, Stoneface and Terminal, Markus Shultz, Maksim Plamaxs, John 00 Flemming, and Tavo. I like them all so its hard to choose which one is best it really depends on my workout and mood. I like Armin Van Burren a lot but all of these artist are very good at what they do!