sweating while in ketosis?

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
My wife is doing medithin which is similar to atkins. very low carb with no more than 25. She feels like she is burning up..is sweating a good sign?

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Dawn

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    How long has she been at this? If it's the first few days it might be "ketosis flu", but I don't remember sweating unless I was exercising while going through Induction...
  • xerothermic
    Options
    I'm still in ketosis, have been able to maintain it for awhile, but I honestly never had that kind of sweat. I mean, I still sweat like a hooker in church, but not that flu-like. Poor thing :( That has to be so frustrating and scary!
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Initially I was a little "furnacy" when starting Keto, but after a while the body gets used to the heavy foods (it's primarily fat and protein which sits heavy in the stomach and takes a while to digest). You also lose water and minerals quickly on keto, so it's important to drink enough water.
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I am getting into ketosis I definetly find I run hotter, feel like I sweat more and have to drink alot more water! That's just yor internal furnace burning up that fat! It does go away when you're body gets "Fat adapted" which varies in time person to person.. if your wife goes in and out of ketosis this could last longer as she is never getting fully fat adapted. Just a thought. :wink: