Welcome

Options
124»

Replies

• iastate24
    iastate24 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was raised in hawk country (between CR and Maquoketa) but 5 years in Ames has made me a Cyclone at heart :-)
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi-I'm Libi and I live outside of Spencer in the NW corner, south of Okoboji. I'm originally from Adair which is smack dab between DSM and CB (about 75 miles west of DSM on I80)

I have 2 sons in the military and am the proud grandma to 2 boys (they're working on getting me a 3rd grandchild but DIL wants a girl this time).

Anyone coming up to the Clay County Fair and want to contact me, please do so.

I don't follow sports very well, but root for whichever Iowa team that is playing unless it is an intrastate game, then Go HAWKS!!

My sister married :noway: a Husker.
  • mezzodiva10
    mezzodiva10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just joined recently, so I'm breaking the 3 month silence from this group.

I'm from western Iowa (Sioux City), and despite living right next to the land of Huskers, I am a Cyclone fan (if choosing a D1 school).

Otherwise, I say GO KNIGHTS! (Wartburg College, U rah rah rah)
  • runningvegan
    Options
    Since you've broken the silence, I'll chime in as well. I live in West Des Moines and have been in the metro area for the last 15 years. I grew up in Carroll, IA which is about 100 miles NW of Des Moines.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I see this group is fairly inactive, but I just joined. I live in Clarinda (SW Iowa), and moved here in 2011 after living in Des Moines for 8 years. None of the Iowa (or any other) schools appeal, as I really don't have any interest in sports.

If anyone else is in Page County (or neighboring counties) and is looking for a workout partner, let me know. My workout of choice is hiking, but I'm also trying to get into running for better cardiovascular health. I'd like to eventually work up to being in good enough shape to run a half-marathon - this is the fitness level I feel I need to be at in order to climb Mt. Rainier. I'm not a runner at all and haven't even done so much as a 5k, so I'm starting on a program similar to the 'Couch to 5K' program as a start.
  • xjolly
    xjolly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Xena here (yes, like the Warrior Princess for those who are old enough --- I had the name first, though)
    MFP name is xjolly.

I'm also a member of Fitbit & Endomondo. This combination has worked wonders for me after my foot surgeries. Even though I have plateaued this year since February....I haven't gained anything. I'm on my 3rd Fitbit. Lost one, used the 2nd one til it died. I love my fitbit. Been a member for a couple years now. Now I'm ready to add Friends. - add me there or here or both. Good health!