Egg whites

Options
Hjbaker
Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
Ok, so I have to be honest here, buying egg whites in a sachet is is absolutely not my thing! I'd rather include the yolks and enjoy the calories, however, I was in countdown the other day and noticed they now sell egg whites in a sachet. (980g for $7)

Just thought there might be someone who is interested in this as they are frequently in a lot of high protein, low fat yankie recipes.

:happy: Hope you are having a good Monday ... if that's even possible lol.

Replies

• rschuurman
    rschuurman Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow! I should keep an eye out. I'm with you though - what's an egg without the yolk haha!
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Also at Countdown I noticed that they sell egg-whites by a box kinda like boxed milk! I found this in the area where they keep all the chilled juices and drinking yoghurt. This could be of use to some people who want just the whites!
  • 19jam85
    19jam85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ive seen these too, usually in the chilled section.
    Ive seen these reduced to clear at times too, which could be great for those that want egg whites and can use them within a couple of days.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    They're actually pretty good. We use one packet a week, add in one egg for colour and spinach, cheese, bacon and it's a pretty tasty omelette!
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cool I'll have to have a look, I quite often do scrambled eggs with one whole egg and two egg whites, but hate wasting the yolk.