How much do you sleep?

Options
superhelga
superhelga Posts: 68 Member
I have to admit, I really love sleeping. I'm like a cat and could basically sleep anywhere, anytime. But when awake I have lots of energy and get stuff done. Being pregnant however, I feel like a really old cat. I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep.. I'm 10 weeks now, and lately I have been sleeping on average 11 hours every day. Its insane.. And rather embarrassing.
I'm self employed, meaning nothing can stop me from sleeping in the middle of the day. Lately I have managed to stay up all day till after my kid goes to sleep, but if I go work out in the morning, I'm doomed to crash by noon. 15 min nap turns in to 1-2 hours..
But I'm so behind on all my work. This totally stresses me out, but still does not motivate me to stay up to get work done. I'm hoping for that legendary 2nd trimester super energy to soon kick in.
Anybody else in the same boat?

Replies

• OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    OMG yes!!! & let me tell you I'm so jelly that you even have the energy to exercise! LOL. I see your entries and I'm like damn, I'm a slacker. Hahahaha...but like you I'm hoping I get my energy back by the 2nd trimester.

But seriously, I am tired all - the- time!!!!!! I wake up at least 3 times a night to pee and then I wake up at 5am so groggy, but I have to get my butt to work. Then by around 2pm I'm ready for a nap but stuck at work for another two hours. Pre-pregnancy I'd drink coffee to give me a morning and afternoon boost, but now that I can't stand the taste or smell of coffee I have to suck it up. :-( sometimes I'll drink green tea, but it doesn't do much for me.

Get home by 5, exhausted, eat...walk the dog...and in bed by 8:30pm. I feel like an old lady!!!! I miss running, lifting...but I just don't have the energy to get up at 4am anymore nor go after work. :ohwell:
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ...but I just don't have the energy to get up at 4am anymore nor go after work. :ohwell:
    I'm so full of awe of people who get up 4am to work out.. Only a screaming baby can get me up at 4am.. I guess we need all this sleep. In 6-7 months we will dream about these wonderful lazy days:) Good to hear I'm not alone wagging along like an old lady.
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would love to sleep. I have been trying to go to bed a little earlier. I have to be to work by 8 but have been running late a lot. I hope things get better in a few weeks
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love sleep!! But now I need it more than ever I seem to be getting less :( Get up at 6, work out for 30 mins, get 2 year old ready, leave for work at 8. Work through but around 3pm could sleep at my desk!!! leave work at 6, home at 7, eat, nighttime routine with daughter and then bed by around 10 but then wake 3 times to pee. I could do without the middle of the night disturbances!!! Hopefully these will stop in a few weeks