Any other Hypnobabies moms?

Options
Rubyayn
Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
Curious what you think of the program if you are doing it? I am on week four and it has already paid for itself. I feel almost no anxiety about the birth or pregnancy and I am a very high strung person! I have never slept this well in my life either. :)

Replies

• kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing hypnobabies but I am doing another hypnobirthing CD set and I really like it. I am sleeping very well too (as is my husband who listens to them by default). I have even used them on my 4 year old who has trouble winding down to get to sleep. I had an easy birth last time and am pretty relaxed about it anyway but felt a little bit panic-y when going through transition as my labour happened really fast so I am hoping this will help me feel more in control during that phase. I'm homebirthing this time as well so I want to be as prepared as I can be! 5 weeks to go and I'm so excited! How much longer for you?
  • Rubyayn
    Options
    I have been an insomniac for years and couldn't believe how well a hypnosis app worked for me a few months ago, so Hypnobabies seemed a logical decision for me. I am so glad I sprung for it! It has a full birthing class to study at home, too. That has been awesome for my husband to learn the ins and outs of birth and all of the possible interventions so he can be as supportive as possible. We both really love it.

I am a VBAC hopeful preparing to birth completely natural in a hospital setting. In other words, I am preparing for battle, so I like to think of hypnosis as another weapon in my arsenal, lol. Luckily, I have a great doula too so my odds are even better!

I am 22 weeks, so I have a little ways to go!! I bet you are glad to be in the homestretch!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is Hypnobabies? Is it a DVD? I think I need it.
  • Rubyayn
    Options
    Here is some more info. You can also Google or look on the Mothering.com forums for the experiences others have had. I have seen a a LOT of claims of a painless child birth. I am in no way expecting that, but like I said they have already proved to be worth thier weight in gold!

The program consists of a great birthing class book with a lot of info on the ins and outs of birth and how to care for yourself in pregnancy. It also comes with multiple CD's that you do each evening for about 30 minutes and you have to practice the techniques you learn in the book. It is an investment of time, but a very worthy one in my opinion.

https://www.hypnobabies.com/
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I looked up the website and no i'm trying to convince my husband it's a good investment as well. I'm 26 weeks, so I think now should be a good time to start right?
  • Rubyayn
    Options
    You could start now, but I would get it right away and start immediatley. The longer you practice, the better it works, but you should have plenty of time for maintenence and practicing the techniques.

It seems very comprehensive and much cheaper than taking a class for it or the Bradley method. Those classes in my area started around $300!!

You will have to let me know what you think of it when you start. It also comes with material for your husband or birth partner, which is cool. We have to read it all together though for him to do it all. It has been a fun bonding activity for us actually!
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 34 weeks, getting ready and excited for baby #2. My birth will be an HBAC (home birth after cesarean) and I am VERY hopeful that what I am learning through hypnobirthing will be the key to a wonderfully different birth than the first time. I did not know anything about birthing without fear the first time, I have become much more educated since :) The website I found my resources through is http://www.hypnobirthing.com/
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    I am 34 weeks, getting ready and excited for baby #2. My birth will be an HBAC (home birth after cesarean) and I am VERY hopeful that what I am learning through hypnobirthing will be the key to a wonderfully different birth than the first time. I did not know anything about birthing without fear the first time, I have become much more educated since :) The website I found my resources through is http://www.hypnobirthing.com/

I didn't realise you were HBACing! That's awesome!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    I have been an insomniac for years and couldn't believe how well a hypnosis app worked for me a few months ago, so Hypnobabies seemed a logical decision for me. I am so glad I sprung for it! It has a full birthing class to study at home, too. That has been awesome for my husband to learn the ins and outs of birth and all of the possible interventions so he can be as supportive as possible. We both really love it.

I am a VBAC hopeful preparing to birth completely natural in a hospital setting. In other words, I am preparing for battle, so I like to think of hypnosis as another weapon in my arsenal, lol. Luckily, I have a great doula too so my odds are even better!

I am 22 weeks, so I have a little ways to go!! I bet you are glad to be in the homestretch!

I think with hypnobirthing and a doula, you have a great chance of a natural hospital birth. That's what my first was, though it's much easier to achieve here. The midwives really push you to get you through without pain relief, although they did still try to push some interventions on me that being older, wiser, and meaner this time I would say no to. I think what helped me as well was staying at home as long as possible. I was only in hospital an hour and a half before I had her. I definitely credit the hypnobirthing CD for the great sleep I am still having at 35 weeks. I know at this point with my daughter I was up half the night!
  • heathermora11
    Options
    @kelly thanks! We are really excited!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options

preparing to birth completely natural in a hospital setting. In other words, I am preparing for battle

I totally know what you mean, I told my doctor with my last pregnancy I didn't want to have any mention of any pain medication at all, almost as soon as I was in there she had already asked me several times if I wanted an epidural told me she was ready to break my water why I have no clue but that I really should get the medicine before she did that ugh just annoying and they act like you're crazy
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am, I did it last time with a hospital birth- no pain meds and left hours after having my son. This time I am doing a home birth :drinker:
  • Rubyayn
    Options

I think with hypnobirthing and a doula, you have a great chance of a natural hospital birth. That's what my first was, though it's much easier to achieve here. The midwives really push you to get you through without pain relief, although they did still try to push some interventions on me that being older, wiser, and meaner this time I would say no to. I think what helped me as well was staying at home as long as possible. I was only in hospital an hour and a half before I had her. I definitely credit the hypnobirthing CD for the great sleep I am still having at 35 weeks. I know at this point with my daughter I was up half the night!

Awesome to "meet" some oher hypnomoms!! It is great to hear from someone who has been there, too. I am pretty confident it will all work out, but I am switching providers at 22 weeks to help make it a reality. Luckily, I live in a large city so finding a VBAC supportive doc is a bit more possible, though still harder than I thought. I also called my insurance and got all the local hospitals stats. I was shocked to see which one had the lowest section rate and am switching to that one as it is half the rate of ALL other 5 hospitals in town. They also have TRIPLE the VBAC suucess rate. It is amazing what you will find with a little research.

I am loving my hypno program and am so glad I found it. I am rather high strung and I think the coping techniques will help me far beyond birth.

I, too, hope to stay home as long as possible. I am GBS positive, but trying to eradicate it with natural methods as to avoid antibiotics, though I am considering refusing them either way and just laboring at home for as long as possible. It is a tough decision as there are risks either way. I think staying home for a while helps with birthing outcomes and the hypnosis.

I am actually excited about the birth!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am actually excited about the birth!

I truly enjoyed birth last time. Whenever I say that people look at me like I am crazy but I had a wonderful experience and I think that SO much of it is your mindset and I knew I would love it.... turns out I really did and it made me want to have 6 kids, we will see how that works out for me :)
  • heathermora11
    Options
    just ordered my homebirthing kit! this is getting real! gah! can't wait! okay, I can wait, because I don't want to go into labor at 34 weeks. hehe. you know what I mean! oh, and now that I am off work I get to rest each afternoon while my toddler naps - that is when I have been listening/practicing with my relaxation CD! love it!
  • heathermora11
    Options
    forgot to update! baby girl arrived July 27th. she was born at home. super short, intense labor. I believe hypnobirthing helped greatly, even though it all happened too fast to really do any serious relaxing! my doula said "you have to be relaxed to have a labor go that fast". overall I would still highly recommend hypnobirthing!
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    forgot to update! baby girl arrived July 27th. she was born at home. super short, intense labor. I believe hypnobirthing helped greatly, even though it all happened too fast to really do any serious relaxing! my doula said "you have to be relaxed to have a labor go that fast". overall I would still highly recommend hypnobirthing!

thanx for the update! I am thinking of trying hypnobirthing this time around (baby #3) I am 26 weeks so i probably should get moving .
  • Rubyayn
    Options

What an awesome update!!! Congrats on your new baby, mama. :):)

I am officially two days "over due", but am feeling pretty good and just waiting patiently for my own hypno success story! I shall report back and hopefully soon!
  • heathermora11
    Options
    @momRN2B: I didn't start until 32 weeks! So you have plenty of time I think!
    @rubyann: I went three days over... It was perfect! You got this!!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this and have considered checking it out. This is our first baby, and my husband is completely supportive and encouraging of me wanting a natural childbirth in the hospital. I have a pretty good outlook on things, and pregnancy yoga is helping to calm my mind, as well as watching documentaries/shows about birth and all the different things that can happen, including interventions, so I can be prepared for anything. I am really hoping and praying that I will be able to deliver naturally! I will have to check out more about hypnobabies!