Week of October 14th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to another weekly challenge!!

Don't forget to report your progress to be included in the leader board either on this board or private message me.

Let's get things moving! Encourage new people to jump on board! We are back full force! Keep it movin'!

****This week's goal *****

Check in throughout the week and let us know how you are doing!

180 minutes of cardio (on a treadmill, elliptical, crosstrainer, or walking/running)
5 days in the green (staying under in calories)
8 cups of water 5 days

*** If you are new feel free to half the minutes to get started ***

***For a bonus flower :flowerforyou: Try a new recipe and share it with the group!

If you are new jump right in! We report our results on this strain every Sunday night to be included on the leader board for the following week.

Welcome to the newbies take a minute to introduce yourself to each other.

My name is Melissa and I look forward to meeting you all! We can do this!! :smile:

Replies

• squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll try Melissa but I usually fail miserably
  • WinniDePoux
    Options
    I up for the half-version. OK, so check-in Sunday!
  • WinniDePoux
    Options
    Oh, introduce myself-

Um, 38yo, 5'8" but a hefty 257lbs. Feeling aches and pains that shouldn't be happening yet- knees and joints hurt, lower back KILLS me when I get very active, feet have issues. Every time I feel my shoulders and chest hurt I begin wondering if I finally overtaxed my poor, fat-encased heart and it is giving out on me! I am losing some weight so that maybe I will feel physically able to do things like a half marathon again. I have always felt strong, but not the way I am now. Hoping this will get the ball rolling to more progress, but my current goal is to lose 11 pounds by New year. (Baby steps!)
  • squeekersmom
    Options
    In the green,,,,,,,, !
    Exercise,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    New recipe,,,,,, Yup made meatloaf meatballs stuffed in onion peel yummmmm
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf meatballs?!?!?! That sounds amazing! Welcome WinnieDePoux! I think your goal sounds more than reasonable and very conservative!
  • squeekersmom
    Options
    Take your normal meatloaf recipe make them into meatballs. Then take onion peels ( try to get a layer off in one oiece) and stuff meatball inside peel. Bake as normal. Yummmm

In the green,,,,,,,,!!
    Water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, two cups today
    New recipe ,,,,,
    Exercise,,,,,,,,,nope
  • squeekersmom
    Options
    In the green ',,,,,!!!
    Exercise,,,,,,,,,,,,none
    New recipe,,,,,,,,,,no
    Water,,,,,,,,,,,,not enough
  • WinniDePoux
    Options
    I know that check-in is officially Sunday but I had a quiet moment that I thought I would take advantage of this morning. Since I am just beginning I chose to cut the challenge goals in half for my own goals. I managed to succeed in two of them-

Green days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
    Water consumption: 4 cups on W & F
    Exercise: 140 minutes total
    Recipe was one with Chinese cabbage, a veggie that I had not tried before. This was VERY yummy and we ate it alongside a Vietnamese soup (which was not so good).

Mixed feelings about this week. My starting weight Monday was 257. When I weighed in this morning I was 255.8. However, mid-week I had weighed myself and saw 254, which I was really surprised by and a little concerned about. I am perplexed as to the weight fluctuation. I did not do anything to lose 3 pounds in 3 days, didn't even stay green on one of the days! The only difference I saw was in my diet. The first few days of the week I ate fairly healthy but the last three involved some fast food and other less-than-healthy options that I incorporated into my meals.

People keep talking about water weight but I never really understood it. Does reduced sodium cause us to retain less water somehow? I am not making an effort to eat low carb, so I don't think it is that kind of water retention involved. I remember the last time I started losing weight I had a difficult time staying hydrated compared to my non-dieting state (which is very bad for me because I loathe drinking water and peeing fifty times a day).

Any advice or suggestions?
  • WinniDePoux
    Options
    Sorry, forgot the recipe!

Stir-Fry Cabbage

Recipe courtesy Ellie Krieger

Total Time:
    11 min
    Prep
    5 min
    Cook
    6 min
    Yield:
    4 to 6 servings
    Level:
    Easy

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon minced ginger
    1 head napa cabbage, cleaned and sliced
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
    Directions
    In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and saute, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and cook until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir well and cook just until cabbage is wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with the sesame oil.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/stir-fry-cabbage-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
  • squeekersmom
    Options
    Sunday report

In the green 5 days
    Water. I drank it but not enough
    Exercise nothing intentional but I do walk at work. On my feet all day
    New recipe yup stuffed onions

Today I'm heading out of town for two days so will see how this goes