Coaches corner

Options
soccerella
soccerella Posts: 623 Member
This is just a thread for the coaches only to interact and ask questions. If you have any issues or questions you can always feel free to message me directly, but if you think it might be beneficial to the other teams, post it here :)

Replies

• soccerella
    Options
    Ok teams are up and ready to go! I'd suggest friending your teammates so that you can easily message them if needed, You dont need to do anything at all this week as players are weighing in to me directly for the start. All you will need to do is post in your team thread on wednesday morning what the challenge is that week *incase they dont look at the main thread* and let them know when to weigh in to you. Official weigh in is 8pm EST on tuesday nights, but you may wish to have everyone weigh in earlier since we are all in different time zones (and remind your players of this - every season i have peopel that cant seem to get it straight)

sometime this week i will also message you a spreadsheet specifically for your team. You can keep it private and then have your players message you their weights/challenges each week, or have it open for them to edit their own data. Its completely up to you.

Any questions so far?
  • BMP9713
    BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do we set up our teams thread or do you do that?
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you for setting up the groups. I am sure that I will have many question, as I am new to this. I agree about weighing in on Mondays, so that I can turn the weights on Tuesday morning. Let's have a great challenge everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up! No questions as of yet, but I'm sure I will as this challenge continues.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Will you be posting the weekly challenge in here ?? Thanks, sorry for all the questions.
  • soccerella
    Options
    Hi guys,

So if you ahvent figured out yet, I will be posting the main challenge in a seperate weekly thread. They can get long, but at the end of each one i will put asterisks and below that a quick summary of what needs to be done. This week for example:

*********Recap********
    1) Determine your team’s weigh in day and how you are supposed to report (ie PM, in the team thread, directly to the spreadsheet)
    2) Report your weight and challenge completion by your teams established date (may be earlier than official weigh in time). Make sure you are aware of what that time is for you locally as it may be different.
    3) Post your “why” in the “Week 1 official thread”. This is a statement about why you are here and why you want to lose weight. Challenge this week is only reported as C (completed) or NA (not attempted.
    4) Optional physical challenge : http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/uploads/commercial_infographic.jpg

If you havent done so already, let your team know the date and time of your teams weigh in and how you would like them to report. You should also let your team know how you would like them to report to you, whether it be in a PM to you, posting directly on the team thread, or in your teams personal spreadsheets.

Regarding the spreadsheets, I am in the process of making them in google documents and as I said before you can choose to share them with your teams or keep it for your own personal record keeping. Im doing it this way though, just so that everyone is reporting to me in the same format and that way its easier for me to input data and make calculations. Its a simple spreadsheet and an example would be this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dGQzdld0NkFsdEtleEFUUEtJc0JtOEE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

Its just going to be divided up by week and for each member you'd put in their weight each week and they challenge participation letter (C,A,E,NA). Let me know if you think this is ok! The percentages lost and points each week would be displayed in the main spreadsheet
  • tambam72
    Options
    I think that the spread sheet looks awesome!! Looking forward to next week's weigh in!!:smile:
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet looks fabulous. Thank you for all the time you have/will put into this group.
    Mell
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Blue Teams spreadsheet is all ready for you. Would you like us to post in here when it's ready or will you just be checking on it?

Thanks!
  • soccerella
    Options
    letting me know here or in a PM is perfect. I will get started on your stats then a little later this afternoon, thanks for getting it in early it helps me alot!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Green Team sheet is ready. I had one that did not weigh in or do challenge. I tried multiple attempts with emails, but no luck. Thanks. The spreadsheet format was great!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    I have had one lady drop out Mandy2489..this is the message I received: Please count me out of this challenge. I was really looking forward to it but unfortunately I have too much going on in my life at this time to fully participate. Good luck to you and the rest of the team!

-Mandy

Thanks. I know we will get penalized this week and next, but the ladies are working hard!!
    This is for GREEN TEAM.
    Thanks,
    Tammie
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How do I access an editable version of the spread sheet or do I need to create my own? Thanks
    Mell
  • soccerella
    Options
    How do I access an editable version of the spread sheet or do I need to create my own? Thanks
    Mell

which spread sheet? Your team one should be editable, but the main one is only editable by me

This is your team's sheet that you should be able to edit
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dG53U2FnRUpHT1ItbHFndHRCc0xVNHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
  • tambam72
    Options
    Green Team is complete for Week 2. My theme for this week will be ACCOUNTABILITY. Apparently, if we go out of town or have a special occasion, this gives us an excuse to gain..umm NOT. Hoping that we can get it into gear this week. NO EXCUSES!!

Have a great week!!

Tammie
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Question about the week 2 challenge...what if a member of our team doesn't need any of the mentioned equipment for the auction? How should I mark them as complete?
  • soccerella
    Options
    Question about the week 2 challenge...what if a member of our team doesn't need any of the mentioned equipment for the auction? How should I mark them as complete?

If they dont use any of the equipment and dont bid on anything then they get a complete! I'd fall in this category since I do all my workouts outside or using body weight, so technically I dont need any equipment. They should still "check in" with it on weigh in day and confirm that they didnt use anything. If someone says they dont need any of it, but turn around and use wrokout dvds every day then they woudlnt have completed it, but someone who doesnt bid, doesnt need anythign, and doesnt use it would be good

Make sense?
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Yup it does. I've had several players not even check in to our thread this week. So I've got to be extra vigilant this week :(
  • 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, are we still on for the last month?
  • tambam72
    Options
    Hi, are we still on for the last month?
    I was wondering the same thing.