8 weeks out

Hello everyone!

I am hoping to compete in a bikini competition 8 weeks from now
I am 23, 5'9, and 143lbs....

I guess my initial question is, is this possible to do 8 weeks from now?

I plan on keeping my diet tight and clean and workout 6 days a week and 1 active rest.

I created my own plan that I can post, but I was just hoping to get some advice on whether or not this goal is attainable.

Replies

• deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 120 Member
    Hello!

Have you been prepping at all? Have you practiced posing? Taken your bodyfat measurement to see if you are at a bodyfat level to compete? Yes, it could be attainable, but you also want to be prepared.

Denise :)
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    You would run into metabolic damage and rebound if your goal at your height is about 20-30 pounds lighter than you are- i guess that is a realistic question. Deciding to do a show 8 weeks out is not ideal. Training for months and obtaining what I call a great reset weight of about 7 pounds from stage is a good goal and then dial in to your stage weight about 6-8 weeks out so that food restrictions and calorie deficits as well as increased cardio dont wreak havoc on your metabolism
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    At your height of 5'9 I assume that 143 is not a heavy weight - what is your current BF or lean mass - do you know these numbers?
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    I agree with Kbarrett24. Not saying you have to be perfect to get on stage, but if you are trying to lose more than 10lbs, then 8 weeks is too close to do it, in a relatively healthy way. You want to gradually approach stage weight (really body fat, because weight looks different on everyone), not drop in on it like an atomic bomb.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    I agree, 8 weeks is pretty tough! It does depend on your current body composition but anything is possible.

Personally for me, 8 weeks would not be enough.
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    It's hard to make that call without seeing you, but I'm 5'10" and compete in figure at about 135 (though I need to add muscle and am probably better suited for bikini right now.) So, in terms of dropping weight, 8 weeks probably isn't unrealistic at this point for bikini, but we'd have to see your body composition first. Competing isn't just about losing weight. It's about having muscle too and having it in the right places.
  • I have been prepping on my own with help from a few people around here....
  • At your height of 5'9 I assume that 143 is not a heavy weight - what is your current BF or lean mass - do you know these numbers?

I want to say 122 is my lean mass from my last bf caliper test....it was at 15%
  • I agree with Kbarrett24. Not saying you have to be perfect to get on stage, but if you are trying to lose more than 10lbs, then 8 weeks is too close to do it, in a relatively healthy way. You want to gradually approach stage weight (really body fat, because weight looks different on everyone), not drop in on it like an atomic bomb.

I am not sure....I am really harsh on myself so others would say I look ready, but in my mind its not good enough....

I understand the more time you give yourself the better.....
  • It's hard to make that call without seeing you, but I'm 5'10" and compete in figure at about 135 (though I need to add muscle and am probably better suited for bikini right now.) So, in terms of dropping weight, 8 weeks probably isn't unrealistic at this point for bikini, but we'd have to see your body composition first. Competing isn't just about losing weight. It's about having muscle too and having it in the right places.

Is there somewhere I can email you? It is nice to talk to others who are around the same height!!!!
  • I just figured out how to reply to everyone properly :sick: