What is everyone doing for exercise on the 5 & 1?

Options
MCLA4mom
MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
Hi! I am curious how much exercise people feel like they can do before they kick them self out of fat burn. I was able to do several work out videos that were low key and train for a 5K (jogging not running). And you?

Replies

• Fitter_Mandy
    Fitter_Mandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing #c25k app 3x/week on 5&1..my losses have DEFINITELY slowed so I don't know that I feel comfy recommending. I am thinking of switching to 4&2 even though I still have 18 lbs to go til goal. I'm enjoying being more active, but it's hard to not become easily frustrated when my scale is a jerk haha.
  • MCLA4mom
    Options
    I did the c25k also. I was still able to lose but when I decided to train for a 10K my weight loss came to a screeching halt ! Once I toned it down I started losing consistently again. Go figure
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise at all, really. Mostly because I'm lazy, but also because exercise has never really resulted in weight loss for me. Fitness, sure, but not weight loss. So I don't feel like wasting my time and energy right now, only to have my weight loss stall out.

I'm considering starting running - though I have never been a runner in my life - but honestly.....so much effort, for so little return. I am having a hard time seeing a good cost/benefit ratio.
  • jgconnolly
    jgconnolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing kundalini yoga twice per week and have added in a bar method class once per week. It seems to not impact the weight loss. In fact I hit my first plateau and didn't lose for 2 weeks when I got couldn't work out very much. Threw in a brisk walk or two and have started losing again. It could have been the glass of wine I had on my wedding anniversary that threw me out of fat burning though...... Haha
  • JetWan
    JetWan Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've haven't been able to do a serious workout yet. Haven't had the energy. I have noticed that the more I exercise, the slower I lose. It's very strange. For now I'm enjoying not needing a serious workout. I know this will not last and once I reach my weight loss goal, I will start a fitness boot camp.
  • MCLA4mom
    Options
    Its a hard thing to wrap your mind around. This not needing to spend hours in the gym. We are so use to the "calories in calories out" way of losing weight. I stayed active. Made exercise a regular habit (because its important and healthy for maintaining health) but I had to be really careful not to knock myself out of fat burn. It seems like everyones body is sooooo different too,
  • Starrry_Eyed
    Options
    30 minute Pilates workouts and walking :).
  • Chiyak
    Chiyak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started Yoga last week, and I've done Pilates for 7 years and I will always keep up with it. I also throw in walking when I can but I walk alot at work. I just want to maintain my strength and muscle tone for now. When I go to maintenance I want to do a c25k. I was feeling a little light headed and weak the past week so I've been eating an egg in the mornings. Kind of a modified 4&2. It will be interesting to see what the scale does.
  • bdelaney001
    Options
    My summer/fall workout routing included Jazzercise one day, jog the next and take every third day off. With the shorter days jogging has been harder to do. I have not worked out a winter routine yet.