Just saying hi

Options
I've lurked on these boards for a while and figured I would sign up to get and give help as I go through my keto journey. So far, I've been on for just over 4 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. My diary is open, so if anyone wants to take a look and give any advice, you're more than welcome.

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! always good to see another successful ketoer :)
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    What are these "egg whites" and "lite turkey" on your diary???? I do not understand! (I kid, I kid).

OK, I know you posted on another thread that you are doing more like 60-35-5 for your macros. It doesn't look like you're getting enough fat though. I know my numbers are higher fat, but I try to get at least as many fat grams as protein at every meal. Preferably, I try for more like 1.5x - 2x. (What I mean by this, is that if I have a meal with 20 g protein, I would at minimum try to have 20 g fat, and preferably have 30-40 g fat). If I have a meal that's heavy on protein and doesn't have much fat with it, I get knocked out of ketosis. Watch the protein shakes, especially where they don't have much additional fat in the shake. Again, That type of thing would for sure knock me out of ketosis. (But we are all different, so if it's working for you go for it.) Finally - your calories look low a lot of days, especially with your exercise. Dont be afraid to eat more to keep that metabolism burning.

Overall though, you look like you're doing great. The avocado dressing looks delish! I need to find some of that!
  • MechanicalCritter
    MechanicalCritter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow ketoer! Feel free to add me!
  • wheels_33
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to figure out something to have with lunch that is easy. I think next week i'll start with maybe adding steak or something instead of the turkey.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Caveman Keto has some great options. We made his Chilli last week - it's a great one for lunches or dinner (with some sour cream and cheese of course!). I also like the "ham and cheese egg cups" from the Fat Fast Cookbook for lunches. Super easy to make and to transport.
  • wheels_33
    Options
    oh yeah. i found that site shortly after my last post. got a ton of great ideas.