Triceps kickbacks

Options
amflautist
amflautist Posts: 941 Member
Lol!! In our mostly-ladies 'strengthening' class at the Y today, we did those. Then I went to the library to pick up my reserved copy of NROLFW. Page 6. "As I was writing this chapter, I observed a woman at my gym doing ..."

Oh man, I need to get out of this old ladies class (even though I am one), and start something serious!

HELP!

Replies

• lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same thing on Monday. I did a 'BodySculpt' class at my gym - which is weight based. I had read the book over the weekend and spent the entire class having an internal conversation with myself disputing everything that the trainer was telling us and asking us to do. Tricep kickbacks, isolating muscles, high reps etc etc etc

I mean, I did it all, but I walked out of the class and won't be going back!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I roll my eyes but keep my mouth shut as my pole instructor puts us through a torturous array of crunch variations. Ugh! On the bright side, I don't feel bad slacking since my "real workouts" give me all the ab work I need!
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hate when we "do arms" in Zumba, which is a bunch of random variations of arm circles! I'm here to dance and have fun, not stand in one place and do boring arm circles!! It annoys me too because I know there are some people in the class who think they will end up looking like the instructor if they do arm circles. It's indirectly giving them bad information :frown: