GRATITUDE

Options
wandarb
wandarb Posts: 21 Member
It;s a miracle: I am grateful for five days of abstinence. Thank You.

I attended my first O/A Meeting on Sunday September 29, 2013, where I was handed a magic coin. It worked!

I was terrified, after, endless days of compulsive eating misery which I thought would NEVER end--I was wrong.

I am grateful for being wrong. Thank You.

ALSO...It was wonderful to hear "Hi, I am X and I am a compulsive eater"...and those words came out of someone

else's mouth...suddenly, at long last, I was home.

I am grateful for O/A. Thank You.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• OAEE
    OAEE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you for your share. the newest person in the room is the most important. been in OA coming up on 8 years and found lots of sanity. sometimes need to search a little harder for it than others, but always someplace nearby. sanity that is.
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Glad you found OA. I feel a lot like you in my gratitude to the program and the fellowship. Start using the tools as soon as that "honeymoon" feeling wears off ( it will). Reach out to others and get some literature. It works if you work it and oh yes YOU are worth it!
  • PattiUnleashed
    PattiUnleashed Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Wanda,
    I am happy for you and your happiness. :flowerforyou: One day at a time, one meal at a time, we can do this. I am coming up on 4 months of abstinence, and if I work the steps and use the tools that will continue. Do you have a sponsor yet? If not, I would highly recommend getting one to help guide you. It has certainly helped me.

Grateful too,
    Patti :heart:
  • Iamlonewolf801
    Options
    KEEP ON WORKING THE PROGRAM AND MICERCLES WITH FIND YOU