Phillipians 4:13

Options
melmelray
melmelray Posts: 12 Member
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melody. I am 24 years old and my husband is the youth pastor of our small country church in Louisiana. I have been very involved with my husband's ministry because I felt like when God called him into the ministry, God called me to the ministry as well. I have really taken to the girls in the youth group and it amazes me now insecure our culture has made these beautiful masterpieces of God. They do not see the worth in themselves and it saddens me with every day that they can not see what God has done for them and that they do not have to concern themselves with what this world says because they are worth so much more than this world could ever understand. In realizing this I have realized the shortcomings in my own life with the way that I view my body as well. I never cared for how the world looked at me because I have always had weight issues, and I understood that God accepts us all regardless of what we have done in the past, but I also did not realize how much I am worth in God's eyes as well. I am a child of God and my body is his temple. I looked into the mirror the other day and I realized that if God were in front of me, I would not want him to have my body because I have not taken care of it and valued it like it were his. SO with that said I have started this journey not only to get healthy for myself and my husband but for my God and for my girls. They need to know that their bodies are beautiful because God made them, but they also need to understand the value of offering their bodies as living sacrifices.

I have chosen Philippians 4:13 as my verse of the week and probably for my whole journey. My motivation is God but my strength if God as well. He promised us that he would give only if we ask. I have and will continue to ask for his guidance and strength to transform my heart as well as my body so that I can better serve him.

I would appreciate any support and I am willing to give any support as well. I would love to know what Bible verse and/or passage that has either inspired you to start this journey, or the verse that is helping you though.

Replies

• beequipped
    beequipped Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have not been on hear in quite some time. My mother passed in July,unexpectly. In August I had strep and a sinus infection, which led to bronchitis. All that being said, I am now trying to get back to taking care of myself. Thanks for posting. I will keep you and your girls in my prayers. They are blessed to have you. My husband pastor's a small church in Kentucky. He has pastored for 31 years total. He has been at this church for 22 years. So I guess you could say that I'm a seasoned Pastor's wife. I'm 50 years old and I want to stay around to enjoy my grandchildren's children. I am a mother of three and a grandmother of three. I walk two miles a day and take the stairs throughout the day at work. I work in a very large building with lots of walking. What are you doing in the form exercise?