Something to say!?

Options
imogen__may
imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
Hey guys!

It's lovely to have an LBGT board here, a space of our own to talk about whatever gay **** we wanna talk about .. but all we seem to say to one thing: 'be my friend!' .. I wonder if we should have one topic where people willing to be added by those looking for friends could post and then we could talk about other stuff!?

How about we start with your top 3 films?

Replies

• sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Top 3 films, that's a difficult thing. My top 3 that go back to watch fairly regularly are girl Interrupted, gia and full metal jacket. I don't really have a top 3 of all time as it depends on my mood. What films are people looking forward to seeing in the cinemas? For me I'm looking forward to Kill your darlings the film about Ginsberg featuring Daniel Radcliffe as Ginsberg. Also the new Thor movie, the hobbit and the fifth estate.
  • imogen__may
    Options
    *love* girl interrupted! Probably a top 3 for me too. Others would be Trainspotting and Human Traffic, but like you they change depending on my mood! Is it bad to admit The Fith Element is up there too!?
    I've not been to the cinema in an age, but I really want to see Filth, by the writer of Trainspotting. Have you seen it?

And also, you're doing so well weight loss wise, you're almost half way!!! YAY!
  • Bubba_Furley
    Bubba_Furley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree, I check the forum often but no one has anything to say besides be my friend. But I couldn't find anything for a topic either! Well I love Gia and girl interrupted but mostly when I was younger. My all time favorite would have to be hot fuzz and the burbs. Lol. I do want to see captain Phillips!
  • sheppeyescapee
    Options
    Has anyone seen about the remake of Carrie? I wonder if that'll be any good?
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My favorite movie (and also book) of all time is without question, Gone With the Wind.

Rent.

Water for Elephants.
  • noiresoul
    noiresoul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone's movies are so mature and smart and my favs are all cheesy 80's movies. But hey when I'm in a bad mood or sick they never fail to make me feel better

Princess Bride
    The Labyrinth
    Big Trouble in Little China
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You've all got great picks!! Girl Interrupted was one of my favorite movies for a long time.

My current picks are:

Moulin Rouge

But I'm a Cheerleader

KiKi's Delivery Service

They're not the most sophisticated movies but they're light-hearted and I enjoy them a ton ^_^
  • sheppeyescapee
    Options
    I love But I'm a Cheerleader. It's one of my go to movies when I'm not well, makes me laugh.
  • sheppeyescapee
    Options
    We have a fairly wide range of DVDs in this house. From My Little Pony movie to Les Miserables. I really like Hedwig and the angry inch, priscilla queen of the desert, little shop of horrors and many more :) We mostly have DVD TV boxsets though. So many that we need two nearly three bookshelves to house them XD
  • imogen__may
    Options
    Oh I'm really pleased people agree! I wrote this post while I was grumpy and I was worried people might this I was a miserable little grot bag!

I bloody love But I'm a Cheerleader! I'm terrible at forgetting films I've not seen in a while. Mind you, it's great for watching the same things over .. I've always forgotten the ending! Pink Panda, you have good choices, are you talking about the Baz Luhrmann Moulin Rouge? It's an amazing film.

bridgelene, I saw Water For Elephants but it didn't blow me away as much as I hoped it would. Have you seen Rent at the west end?
  • ThePinkPanda
    Options
    Pink Panda, you have good choices, are you talking about the Baz Luhrmann Moulin Rouge? It's an amazing film.

that'd be the one!! i love that movie <3 my girlfriend was less than impressed but she hates musicals... which makes me sad.

Sheppey- Priscilla, queen of the desert was playing at my local art theatre recently but i didn't get to see it! i've wanted to for a while though so i might look into renting it.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love watching movies but suck at remember actors names or titles! Really got to try harder at that. However, I will have to admit I am your typical chick flick, comedy loving lady. I love the Hangover series, Shrek series, Pitch Perfect, The Notebook and Hairspray.
  • imogen__may
    Options
    Have you all seen bridesmaids? I think that was my shocker of the last couple of years. Everyone was on about how I should see it .. so I dragged my self there, and honestly I laughed my *kitten* off!

Got any other films that you didn't like the look/sound of but they blew you away?
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BATMAN, HARRY POTTER AND CONJURING !
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    BRIDESMAIDS! soooooooooo good. Also But I'm a cheerleader. Also why hasn't anyone said V FOR VENDETTA!!

1. V for Vendetta
    2. Spirited Away
    3. Bend it like Beckham
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids was def a shocker. Didn't look overly good but man what a laugh! I really enjoy Melissa McCarthy's movies like Identity Thief and Rush. She is hilarious.
  • Target126
    Target126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :)

My top 3 favourite movies are West Side Story (has been top of the list for a long time), Dogma (also a long-time fave), and a more recent addition to the list Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (original Swedish not the American remake)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ALSO! how about Saving Face, Garden State, and Princess Mononoke!!!
  • ThePinkPanda
    Options
    i love saving face!! and also- Imagine Me and You. cuz you know, Lena Headey /swoon
  • omnomnomicon
    Options
    Top Three Films:

1) Fight Club (its so freaking good).

2) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

3) White Oleander (I spent time in the system as a teen, some very messed up time, so I relate to the movie a lot.)