Hello Newbie here...looking for advice...

Options
sael0201
sael0201 Posts: 4 Member
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to the VSG world. I was sleeved on 10/10/13. I have lost 27 lbs in this process and 17 since surgery. I am looking for ideas on what people were eating a week out. I am on a pureed diet but need more variety than cottage cheese, yogurt, and refried beans....any suggestions?

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Check out the blog "TheWorldAccordingtoEggface" She has incredible offerings for WLS recipies at any stage.

I was only on pureed food for about a week. I got along fine on what you mention along with a chicken stock vegetable soup pureed. Tasted very good, but was horrible to look at, so I only did that once.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eggface suggestion. I used a ton of her recipes, and still do.
    I pureed everything....chili and sour cream, bake ricotta with egg and parmesean and top with marinara, canned chicken with light mayo and dill, mix chocolate protein powder and greek yogurt....its like mousse, marinara with cooked ground turkey and garlic, cauliflower with coconut milk and curry powder. My first pureed meal was bbq NY steak pureed with beef broth and pureed green beans, it was not too pretty but it was so good.

The time goes so fast. I can't believe it's been almost a year and a half ago for me. You will have ups and downs but will be so thankful for the new lifestyle your about to embrace. As soon as your cleared move as much as possible, drink a ton of water, and stick to the plan given by your NUT. You WILL be a success.

Welcome.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    make a beef stew (water and beef) then basically puree the beef to make a thickish broth (sorry cannot remeber the cut of meat i used)

My other fave was chicken broth from the chicken soup from Boston Market - my hubby was the "soup strainer" and ate all the solids :) - get a big one - or just tell them you want mostly broth!

I was so stinkin' sick of sweet/dairy after the first week - i craved meat!!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    All these are really good ideas. Basicly you can puree anything with enough broth. I too was tired of the sweet protein shakes. I've always been more of the savory person. I think my favorite was browning ground beef (can use turkey too) then pureeing with some cottage cheese and a little spagetti sauce. Tasted like lasagna. I have always been a soup/stew fan, so any of that works pureed. Good luck!!
  • teachren
    Options
    I made a soup with lean ground chicken and chicken broth. Added garlic, lemon grass, some sirachi (Thai hot sauce) and PB2 (which is a dehydrated peanut butter you can buy online in Canada but I imagine many places in the US perhaps even Walmart). I browned the chicken first, then added the broth and spices. Cooked it down and pureed it with an immersion blender.

Now..it looks disgusting...but boy does it ever taste good if you like "exotic" tasting foods and are sick of the bland and boring yogurt/cottage cheese routine.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My wife made a killer Pot Roast that she ran through the blender for me in week 3. Not visually appealing but tasted great! Did the same with some homemade chicken soup (she makes that with some tomato sauce and meatballs - love it). Both meals helped me transition from clears, were very satisfying.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    First 2 weeks, whizzed bean soup and eggface's ricotta bake. 2 weeks out, hummus, whizzed wolf's turkey chili, whizzed ham n bean soup, egg salad, rice crackers.