Liquid Tylenol?

Ok, now that I've decided to get the liquid Tylenol, I can't find it anywhere. Not even on "their" website!! I don't mind buying generic, but wanted to make sure that's my only option. Our local stores say they "used" to carry it and another said they no longer make it. Where are you all getting it? Do you order online, at your local store? Info please. :)

Replies

• rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    I got the kids version of liquid Tylenol at CVS pharmacy here. Its a nasty "bubblegum" flavor, but it worked!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Children's Tylenol now comes in a melt away lozenge. Or chewable
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Thanks for the ideas. I thought if all else fails I'd go for the children's Tylenol, but found generic on Amazon to order. I'll keep looking in the stores too.
  • My recommendation - only use Children's Tylenol if absolutely necessary. My first night home from surgery, I started to get a fever - I think it peaked around 102 degrees. Well - the doctor said if that happens to take liquid Tylenol, but all they sold in the drug stores was the children's. So I took that. Well . . . not realizing that they load it with sugar so kids will like it, I went into dumping syndrome my first night home. It's not something you want to experience that early on after surgery.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    I found and used the generic liquid Tylenol from CVS. My doctor said it was fine. I was sent home with liquid painkillers, and didn't need them past the first day. Good luck!!!
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Yikes, thanks for the heads up about the children's Tylenol! How awful!! I ordered a generic brand from Amazon, I'll be sure to check even that for sugar. I will also check CVS too. I'm not driving yet, so hubby is doing all of the running and he's quick to order online rather than to keep searching.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    I couldn't keep the liquid tylenol, (adults or kids) down at all. I ended up using the jrs for the first week. 3 about every 4 hrs. That's about the same as a single reg, not xtra strength, pill. No dumping. I'm a sleeve. Dunno if that's the difference or if I'm just lucky!