Here We Go!

Options
How's the day going? Almost 11 - I think I'm going to take a walk around the outside of the building at 11. How about you?

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Love this group idea! I fly a desk and do stairs twice a day (I shoot for a minimum of 25 flights M-F) and think that at 11 I will do some Swiss ball crunches. :smile:

Yup...love this...3 sets of 10. :bigsmile:
  • JesT23
    JesT23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just made myself chug 16 oz of water (I'm bad at hydrating) and I'm alone at the moment so I think I'm going to try walking backwards to and from the copier machine. Sounds silly but it uses different muscles than walking forwards! This group is already motivating me to get creative haha
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry, I posted another topic for today.

Just got up and did squats and side twists.

This is a great idea! Thanks for starting the group.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    I just made myself chug 16 oz of water (I'm bad at hydrating) and I'm alone at the moment so I think I'm going to try walking backwards to and from the copier machine. Sounds silly but it uses different muscles than walking forwards! This group is already motivating me to get creative haha

Love it! and you'll probably be able to walk backwards to the bathroom soon too since you chugged 16 oz of water haha
  • JesT23
    Options
    hahaha so true! maybe I'll try jogging for that :-)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm going to walk outside for a few minutes - hopefully 10 minutes if my fingers don't freeze off :)
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Going to lunch and am at 770 push ups.. Did a few side twists I have 8lb weights at my desk might do a few bicep
    curls.
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Looking for inspiration!
  • AmyInSC
    AmyInSC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to get up at least once an hour and walk around a little bit. I have also done some squats at my desk and some desk push-ups. I like the every 30 minute goal!
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love this group! I definitely need to be more active while at work. I've been downing the water today, and a lot of times I'll make myself do 10 squats every trip to the bathroom. I haven't done that lately, but I'm going to start it now!

Oh, and I set my timer on my phone to make sure I get up and do something!
  • iperceive2
    iperceive2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love the walking backwards...will do that!
    just did 30 squats!
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just done a 4.2 mile walk in my lunch hour !!! whoop whoop :-))
  • speedgoose
    Options

That's awesome!!
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Open plan office so can't do a lot of the exercises without funny looks but I did just go and climb the stairs a couple of times. Might start deliberately going for coffee/water on the floor above.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Cool... so jealous!!!
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Open plan office so can't do a lot of the exercises without funny looks but I did just go and climb the stairs a couple of times. Might start deliberately going for coffee/water on the floor above.

Great idea - sneak in ways to do things.

Someone else posted about doing squats in the bathroom. If you can grab the handicap stall for a minute, so you have a little room, and no one can see you!
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sitting leg lift (20) squat (20) standing twist (20)
  • JesT23
    Options
    I just did a wall sit!
    Less than a minute and I was ready to crumble! I think this is a move I can do sneakily somewhere around the office from now on.
  • MissAng1
    MissAng1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this! I usually do some squats and wall push ups during my trips to the bathrooms but looking for more ideas so this is perfect! Any suggestions for some type of ab exercise I can do in the bathroom?? lol
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My 10:30 was 10 squats and 10 lunges. 11:00 was 10 chair dips and 15 desk pushups. Those were hard since my shoulder is still injured...