The next mile

Options
24Sept
24Sept Posts: 178 Member
I have been compulsive with thinking of my journey to lose weight. It has been constantly on my mind, what am I going to eat, how much am I going to eat what shall I cook and how much weight am I going to lose this week. And being on this journey I am supposed to think about these things and make preparations. However, I know what the scriptures say about what and who should be first in my life. Does that mean that I will stop concerning myself with my journey? No it mean while I am on a weight loss/ health journey. I will not lose focus on Who is the Master in my life! I will remember to study to be silent, no one wants or needs to know every opinion I have. I will remember that I have practices in my life that I want to improve so that I will be pleasing to the Master, for instance having a gentle and quiet spirit like Abraham's wife Sarah. I hope you will join me in this practice so that we will grow beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. Romans 14:17 (ASV) 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17 (NLT) 17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Replies

• dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    Beautiful words and well stated. I struggle with keeping him a priority.. so many things scream for attention in my life. Yes, all this weight loss stuff is constantly on my mind - it seems like anyway. I hope that it will become new routines and habits that wont take up so much mental space, but that is not an excuse for leaving Him behind.
    Lord help us and guide us into health and well being that you may be glorified and not our flesh. Every day, teach us to be more like YOU!
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the reason your journey is so prevalent in your mind is because you have prayed for HIS help to get you through it! I know for myself, my ability to always be conscious of what I eat, my healthy habits and exercise wasn't all that it could be! I know I used to pray and pray that it would become easier, that something would click and it wouldn't always be so hard for me to MAKE myself do or think about these things anymore.

Then, finally! As if something DID just finally click, I found myself ABLE to stay on track most of the time, to get right back on it when I fell off. I used to beat myself up emotionally when I slipped up, and suddenly I heard myself saying positive affirmations, hearing HIS words of wisdom, hope and comfort, telling me I could do this, I was worth it, it was all going to be okay and that I was going to succeed.

Certainly we all have spiritual, and otherwise just as important goals and aspirations besides being healthy and getting fit, but these bodies we are given are a gift from God and taking care of them, getting them healthy enough to be around long enough to do good, to be good, that surely is a blessing in itself and not something to be taken lightly! You are taking care of the best thing God gave you besides your faith, and perhaps having such an emotional, serious and committed outlook on your journey is God allowing you to do so! Just my two cents. I love that scripture! I'm adding that to my daily!
  • 24Sept
    Options
    "Lord help us and guide us into health and well being that you may be glorified and not our flesh. Every day, teach us to be more like YOU!" (Jeanette).
    Can I get a Amen! In your Sons Name we pray Amen. Jeanette thanks you for posting this prayer it hit the spot.
  • 24Sept
    Options
    MsTalyn, thank you for your perspective. I will be thinking deeply about it tonight during my quiet time :-) Thank you again for sharing your journey.