week one, day two.

Everyone else in my house has been sick with either a respiratory virus or a stomach virus for the last week. This afternoon I started feeling the effects of both. Made it through work but I am not up to exercising. Not a great start for a weight loss challenge.
I really do miss my daily walks darn it all....on the plus side I didn't binge on BBQ eat today. That is better than yesterday. Tomorrow has to be a better day. I am planning to take veggie soup for lunch and a box of crackers to keep the nausea down.

How did everyone else do?

Replies

• LaPearl1
    LaPearl1 Posts: 6 Member
    I hate to hear that your whole house is sick but it's that time of year. Well at least you didn't eat the BBQ, that is an accomplishment.
    Today has been good so far but my issue is late night snacks. I have class tonight so I am going to try very hard to come home have some grapes and a bottle of water and call it a night. I actually came home from work, cooked dinner and did one of my hip hop abs videos since I can't make the gym. Another struggle is water...I have issues drinking enough. So I am making an effort to drink enough daily. I hope everyone is having a great 2nd day!
  • NormaV14
    NormaV14 Posts: 349 Member
    I ran 4 miles yesterday evening and my goal is run 3 days a week (trying to train for a half marathon in early February) and gym at least one day, went Sunday. So far I am on target with exercise. My real challenge is the eating and logging. I just don't make the time during the week when I am working. How many of you log consistently? I need help!
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Hope everyone is working hard! Dragged my butt onto the elliptical after work before I made dinner, and skipped my wine with dinner (sigh). Onward!! :-)
  • futureFITgirl92
    futureFITgirl92 Posts: 6 Member
    I ate on track today, and walked to work instead of riding the bus. It's only a little more than half a mile each way, but it's the little things that count, right?

42702503.png
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    I had a good day. I ran yesterday, and found myself exhausted today. So I'm taking it easy, but ate well. I made a curried spinach for dinner, and it was so yummy, that it didn't bother me that I had to skip that glass of wine!
  • echoesmyron
    echoesmyron Posts: 28 Member
    Foregoing wine - that is true sacrifice !

Fit in time on the treadmill and have resisted post-dinner snacking.

Keep at it guys !
  • verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    :happy: Thanks to all your inspirational comments, I'm happy to report that I ate within my caloric goal and had a descent workout yesterday. Ready for another successful day today.

Melissa - I hope you and yours feel better soon. Good job staying focused.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I ran 4 miles yesterday evening and my goal is run 3 days a week (trying to train for a half marathon in early February) and gym at least one day, went Sunday. So far I am on target with exercise. My real challenge is the eating and logging. I just don't make the time during the week when I am working. How many of you log consistently? I need help!

I log on my smart phone. I eat pretty much the same foods so it's just a matter of repeating whichever breakfast and snack I choose from my meals. I left it at home today so I added up the calories from my breakfast and lunch and quick added them - and my lunch time walk - when I got home so that I wouldn't forget.

Thanks for the good wishes everybody Apparently the whole going to bed early to sleep it off worked at least mostly. I have a little sore throat today, but not as bad as I thought I would feel.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    day two was a crapy day for me.. I didnt even hit 800 calories due to being sick... which means I didnt work out... I slept most of the day..

My start weight is 155.5
    my goal weight is 145.5 (kinda hoping for less but in in 10 weeks I"ll be happy with 10lbs down..)