Do you over-eat sometimes?

Options
I just ended up munching through about 2000 calories worth of fruit and nuts last night for no reason and I feel terrible about it. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm usually very strict about eating healthy and I work out everyday but tonight I have no idea why I did it. I was super-hungry yesterday and have no idea why. Am I just undisciplined or is it normal for people slip up this badly or is it just me?

Replies

• deepdiya
    deepdiya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes and I also feel terrible about myself doing that. I think its ok to overeat sometimes, but its not ok to feel bad about it. How to get away from feeling miserable after that? No idea.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am super hungry the day after working out. I find eating something with protein and fat to be more filling than fruit and nuts. I like turkey and cheese. I could eat 10 Clementine's and half a lb of nuts and still be hungry.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yup. Then I feel bad and know I've set myself back on reaching my goal :(
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    All the time! The worst time for me is right after work when I get home and then after dinner. Especially when I'm watching tv.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. It's something that I'm working on as I'm prone to binge eating and then restricting. I try to keep this in check by watching my weekly intake, not my daily as much.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. It happens to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up. Just think of it as your cheat day. At least it was all nutritious foods as opposed to chips and ice cream.
  • crash_aly
    Options
    Yep!
    One thing to consider, if you are finding that it is happening often and you really do feel hungry (have tried drinking water and finding something to take your mind off of it, but really are hungry) you might want to consider upping your calories a little. Especially if you are really active/workout a lot.

Just listen to your body but know when it is being honestly hungry and when you are bored! :)
  • teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, it used to happen a lot more to me but lately I've been trying to drink more water if I feel like I'm constantly hungry (and don't have a reason to be like having a lot of tough workouts lately or something). I generally overeat due to something emotional like stress or sadness.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    How close is your TOM? I usually get hungry then! At least it was healthy calories!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been snacking like crazy recently. I know it is emotional eating because I'm going through a lot these days but I can't seem to stop myself. I'm eating like I did when I was 10lbs heavier! Open to ideas!